Having an issue with Auto-Tune EVO

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Qwoll

Having an issue with Auto-Tune EVO

Post by Qwoll »

So I got the auto-tune evo VST. I put it in th vst folder in 3rd party, and just to be safe I put the .rsr file in there, although I'm unsure what it is. And When I use the auto-tune function in mixcraft, I think the retune thing does something if you listen closely, but that's it. Nothing else does anything at all. What's going on?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Having an issue with Auto-Tune EVO

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You should run the installer for Auto-Tune EVO so that it can install all of its files properly. Don't copy files around to different folders. If you've done that, delete the extra files.

Auto-Tune EVO is a VST3 plugin, isn't ti? VST3 plugins shouldn't be placed in the Acoustica Mixcraft ThirdParty folder. Just let the plugin install itself where it wants to go.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Qwoll

Post by Qwoll »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

You should run the installer for Auto-Tune EVO so that it can install all of its files properly. Don't copy files around to different folders. If you've done that, delete the extra files.

Auto-Tune EVO is a VST3 plugin, isn't ti? VST3 plugins shouldn't be placed in the Acoustica Mixcraft ThirdParty folder. Just let the plugin install itself where it wants to go.

Greg
If I just hit install, the plug-in just downloads to a folder in programfiles, completely independent from my mixcraft stuff... should that not happen?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Complex plugins like Auto-Tune EVO have VST and non-VST files. When you install the software, pay attention to where it puts its VST files, then go into Mixcraft's Plug-Ins preferences, click Edit VST/VSTi Folders, and make sure the VST folder that your plugin is using is in the list. If it's not there, add it and then restart Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101