Midi Suddenly Cuts Out

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mark Bliss

Re: Midi Suddenly Cuts Out

Post by Mark Bliss »

Have you tried setting "local" to off?
(Pg. 17, Williams Allegro 2 owners manual.)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Ehlert

Post by Ehlert »

Local is set to "Off", yet the problem persists exactly as before...
Mark Bliss wrote:Have you tried setting "local" to off?
(Pg. 17, Williams Allegro 2 owners manual.)
Ehlert

Post by Ehlert »

I noticed that if the sound cuts out at the exact moment my foot is on the sustain pedal, the current sound will ring, I just can't play a new sound on the keys.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Sounds like the sustain pedal is sharing cc# with at least one key. Is there software that you can check the cc#'s?

M
Ehlert

Post by Ehlert »

By cc# do you mean "Continuous Controller"? I have contacted the Allegro 2 manufacturer to see what they say (for once I actually purchased the extended warranty - maybe that will come in handy).

Thank you!
Rolling Estonian wrote:Sounds like the sustain pedal is sharing cc# with at least one key. Is there software that you can check the cc#'s?

M
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

It might also be useful to know:
When the MIDI cuts out, does using the MIDI reset from within keyboard (Panic according to manual) restore functionality?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you go into Mix Menu > MIDI Control Surface and click the Reset All button, does the problem go away?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ehlert

Post by Ehlert »

No, I tried that after an incident without any positive result. When I play and the sound cuts out I've rebooted my pc and once up and running, the sound is back. Last night after the sound cut out I let my pc remain on with Mixcraft still running. I did turn off the keyboard. This morning I powered up the keyboard and the sound was back on (until it cut out again). Once it cut out again i tried just powering down and powering up the keyboard but that didn't do anything. The pc needed to restart to get the sound going again.

I've written to Williams support and am awaiting their response (hopefully my tomorrow)

Thank you Greg!

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

If you go into Mix Menu > MIDI Control Surface and click the Reset All button, does the problem go away?

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Just to make sure, you tried the "Reset All" button on the Mix Menu > MIDI Control Surface screen? This is different than the panic "MIDI Reset!" that's right on the Mix menu.

This option would make sure that you hadn't accidentally mapped the pedal to something that's causing the problem.

Greg
Ehlert

Post by Ehlert »

Hey,

Yes. I've tried both. Reset All isn't enabled (attached) before or after an event (the loss of the sound).

Just to make sure, you tried the "Reset All" button on the Mix Menu > MIDI Control Surface screen? This is different than the panic "MIDI Reset!" that's right on the Mix menu.

This option would make sure that you hadn't accidentally mapped the pedal to something that's causing the problem.

Greg
Attachments
Control Surface.jpg
Control Surface.jpg (67.83 KiB) Viewed 4601 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, just making sure. Since it seemed to be related to the pedal, I was thinking it got accidentally mapped.

Greg
Ehlert

Post by Ehlert »

I appreciate any and all suggestions. We all know how frustrating it is to be grooving right along and then having a tech fail. Argh!

Okay, just making sure. Since it seemed to be related to the pedal, I was thinking it got accidentally mapped.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Does it ever happen without the pedal connected?

Greg
Ehlert

Post by Ehlert »

I just played without the pedal connected and so far the sound has not disappeared. Can we then at this point infer that the problem is not with Mixcraft or my pc but with the keyboard unit? I haven't heard back from Williams yet but I'll call them later when I get a chance.

Thank you!

Does it ever happen without the pedal connected?

Greg
Ehlert

Post by Ehlert »

I spoke with Williams support and the tech said he'd never heard of such an incident. He's doing some research and will get back to me. In prep for the possibility that Williams doesn't have a solution I'm thinking I should return the Allegro 2 for some other product that will do the trick. Do any of you have a recommendation on a keyboard that will work well as a midi controller with Mixcraft 8 Pro? Thanks!