Steinberg UR242 recording effects in Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

geobee

Steinberg UR242 recording effects in Mixcraft

Post by geobee »

Hi all, finally got to set up the new UR242 with Mixcraft Pro 8. Appears to be a nice sounding unit, and better than my older Focusrite gen 1 2i2. I would like to record the effects from within the 242, as I am hearing them in the headphones, but cant seem to get it right. Just getting the dry signal on playback. I think half the problem could be the really tiny interface screen that you have to work with. So many little control surface points, and easy to overlook something. I rather like the reverb within the unit, as it sounds nice on acoustic guitars. Also, is it possible to use the same effects on mixdown, as with the Mixcraft builtin effects? Any help would be great. Regards. Geoff
GovernmentMule

Re: Steinberg UR242 recording effects in Mixcraft

Post by GovernmentMule »

Have you seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WewQK7Tg9Ok

At about 2 minutes in he starts explaining how to print the effects on what you are recording by using the insert button instead of monitor.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

My understanding is that the UR242 comes with VST3 versions of the onboard DSP plug-ins, so you should also have the option of applying those same FX as VST plugins. The VST edit window might also solve your small interface problem as well.
geobee

Post by geobee »

Many thanks to both. Will do.
geobee

Post by geobee »

Still having issues with this. Followed the video, and set the ''insert effects'' to on in the channel strip, but I am still recording just the dry signal. Beats me what to try next.
geobee

Post by geobee »

I may have found the issue. It may appear that as I am trying to ''print'' the reverb, that may not be possible as I can record the other guitar amps etc in the channel strip, just not the reverb. Looks like it must be added at mixdown using it via it's vst. Unless there is a workaround to do it the way I was trying.