is in mixcraft a controller possible with endless knob that do not jump ?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

musicuser99

is in mixcraft a controller possible with endless knob that do not jump ?

Post by musicuser99 »

I add my old midikeyboard fame tweak 49 to mixcraft and set the endless knob to track volume in the Mix midi control surface menu

the knob work to control track volume, but when i load a new song or change volume with the mouse, rotate the endless knob 1 step jump back to old value +/-1 step. I have problem in other DAW too, but normaly a endless knob need not jump. it can only decrease and increase values relative. is there a midi master keyboard best with light weightet keys(fame has this too) and endless knob known to work relative and do not jump ?. i think the knobs are not very usefull when they jump for example depend on sound for cutoff or track/if more than 8 tracks)
Acoustica Greg

Re: is in mixcraft a controller possible with endless knob that do not jump ?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I don't know if there is a MIDI keyboard that meets that description.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
musicuser99

Post by musicuser99 »

I try to find more info. it look as this. when have endless knobs they can set into 2 modes in the keyboard settings. normal cc value or inc/dec mode. to get no jumps the knobs need set into inc/dec mode. the DAW need then support inc/dec i guess.

My keyboard is old and large, aftertouch do not work usable, need press very very hard. and inc/dec mode is not available for the endless knobs. mostly 2 octaves are enough for me so i order now a akai mpk225. its not so expensive. I let you know what happen with this in mixcraft when set knobs to inc dec mode. if i get it working i can also send a profile for this. in the online manual can see there can the knobs set to inc/dec and normal mode. also it have VIP 3(simular to nks) but can work with more keyboards and a profile can create self

the mpk 225 have 8 endless knobs and it can switch with a b c to have total 24 knobs.
musicuser99

Post by musicuser99 »

I have now the mpk 225 test with mixcraft. it work only cc absolute mode in mixcraft and this do jump. in dec/inc 2 mode knob on keyboard send 0 for decrement and 127 for increment. in mixcraft volume slider for example jump between 0(when move knob left) and 127(when move knob right) in this mode. to work correct mixcraft need when a 127 is receive add 1 to the current level value and when a 0 is receive subtract 1 from current level value.

in akai manual stand this
CC Number: If MIDI CC or Inc/Dec2 is the selected
Type this determines the MIDI CC
number. The available range is 000–127
in this inc/dec1 mode mixcraft do nothing.
MSB / LSB: If Inc/Dec1 is the selected Type, these determine the MSB (Most Significant Bit)
and LSB (Least Significant Bit). The available range is 000 – 127

Value: If Inc/Dec1 is the selected Type, this determines the value sent by an Increment (CC #96) or Decrement (CC #97) message. The available range is 000–127