Static problems, question about what to purchase to fix it...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

marc32123

Static problems, question about what to purchase to fix it...

Post by marc32123 »

Whenever I record any audio tracks, vocals or guitar, I have a static sound in my recordings I can't seems to get rid of. I know it's something to do with my setup, and with Christmas coming up I am going to ask for a couple things to purchase that would fix the issue. I have an audio interface that I have had for awhile, a Scarlett 2i2, and I am going to replace it. Does anyone know of a good audio interface that has no latency issues (or static ones lol). I posted a question on the forum a while ago about this and someone suggested that I get a direct in box. I was wondering if you can run an audio interface and direct in box together? Also, what would be a good suggestion on a direct in box and what does it do exactly that is different than an audio interface?

By the way, on the other post I made on the forum lots of people were suggesting it might be a grounding issue and that I should try different wall outlets and a new power bar. I have tried both of these things and they haven't helped. I know that the static issues isn't because of the microphone or cables either because I have tried three or four different microphones and different cables too and none of it seems to help the static...
botface

Re: Static problems, question about what to purchase to fix it...

Post by botface »

I had a similar problem a few years ago and it turned out to be conflict with my video card causing frequent, momentary dropouts that sounded like static. Could you try a test recording via your onboard soundcard to make sure it's definitely the interface? Mind you, if you definitely want a new one ............
marc32123

Re: Static problems, question about what to purchase to fix it...

Post by marc32123 »

botface wrote:I had a similar problem a few years ago and it turned out to be conflict with my video card causing frequent, momentary dropouts that sounded like static. Could you try a test recording via your onboard soundcard to make sure it's definitely the interface? Mind you, if you definitely want a new one ............
How would I try a test recording via my onboard soundcard??? For all I know it could be a video card...