Mixcraft, and Behringer

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ron-e-g

Mixcraft, and Behringer

Post by ron-e-g »

Hello,
I have recently changed my interface from line6 UX2 to Behringer U-phoria 404. I've noticed the record right option no longer works in MC8 Pro with my PC win.10, and using the guitar Rig 5 Plug. All with latest updates.

Anyone know if this is normal? Or should I be looking for a lost setting or overlooked option?

Ron
"The Older I Get The Better I Was!"
Thomas

Re: Mixcraft, and Behringer

Post by Thomas »

Iv'e got the 404 and when I throw GR on an instrument track, no left or right selection that I can see. Put it on an audio track and left and right selections are available.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Thanks Thomas,
I've only ever used GR on a Audio track. I agree, in that configuration, the l/r option is available, but the right option does not input to either Guitar Rig, or even POD farm for me..(as before U-Phoria 404).

Gotta say though all my other problems with the other plugs, and vsti's like. ez drum,keys, and superior drum including the SOLO issues I was having went away. No more problems with the Amplitube or SampleTank 3 either! Can run multiple stand alone' s..no problem.
Attachments
U-Phoria output.JPG
U-Phoria output.JPG (236.26 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Ron,
I gave it some more thought, and keep this in mind with this interface. In general, Left input is accessed through inputs 1 and 3 on the front of unit. Right input- 2 and 4 on front of unit. Inputs 1 and 3 (left) output to main out left. Inputs 2 and 4 output to main out right. So you might just have a routing issue.
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I just did a quick test on channel 2 (right). I was able to record vocals through GR.
GR right channel.PNG
GR right channel.PNG (39.28 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

That's it! John,

Wow... so simple, but so far away from me!:oops: Think I was a little blinded by the familiar line6 previous interface.

Honestly..I love this little interface so far, but the manual...not so much!

Thank you john. Now, on to how to get two guitars to go through my Guitar rig at once..both outputting the same chosen preset at the same time!! :?

BTW why do you think your Track record pop-up menu, shows the additional bracketed information? Mine only shows in 1/in 2 and or in 3/in 4.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Glad to hear it Ron! I'm the same way with this interface. I'm inexperienced enough and this is my first and only interface, so I'm not at all familiar with the others. As far as pop down menu info... not sure. What OS do you run? I'm on Win 10 latest updates. (And by the way, the latest feature update for Win 10 rendered my PC unbootable, made me regret installing it. 2 days sorting it out). Do you have the latest Behringer driver- 4.38? Firmware 1.12? Might be related to one of those.

PS- and the manual... forget about it. It's a quick start guide basically. It's one way Behringer can put out quality stuff at such affordable prices. They don't need to pay manual writers.

PPS-Dale? LOL Make sure you register your unit online so as to get the extra warranty year, for a total of 3 years. It can be a little tricky IIRC, and I was disappointed that there was NO confirmation email which I find strange. I had to go out of my way to contact Behringer support (not the easiest to contact I think-more savings :wink: ) to confirm that I actually had the extra year.

-Tom
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

You still laughing at me??? LOL!!! Wait. Your time is coming!!! How many months we got left for the original warranty??? LOL!!!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

dpaterson wrote:You still laughing at me??? LOL!!!
No No, not really. It's just when I started down the PS, PPS and potentially PPPS, etc road I thought of you. :lol:
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Yea I've got all the same, Win 10 ver.1809 behringer driver 4.38.0. But my pop-up don't show the manufacture name, model, and sample rate as you can see in my attachment. Hum... No biggie I guess, just makes me wonder that's all! You using 8 Pro Studio?
Thomas wrote: PS- and the manual... forget about it. It's a quick start guide basically. It's one way Behringer can put out quality stuff at such affordable prices. They don't need to pay manual writers.-Tom
Yea right, I can see where that would cost a ton in the design, and manufacturing process! :lol:
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Figured it out! Thomas when you use the devices preferred settings (in preferences) it's listed that way.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

ron-e-g wrote:Figured it out! Thomas when you use the devices preferred settings (in preferences) it's listed that way.
Yep that's it. Except the 192k is not the actual sample rate, but the max sample rate. I normally use 44 or 48. Enjoy your new interface.
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Thanks, Thomas