No video in preview screen (ACVHD format to AVI)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

FancyGoose

No video in preview screen (ACVHD format to AVI)

Post by FancyGoose »

Hello!

I tried adding an AVI on a video track in Mixcraft 8 Pro and all I see in the preview window is a black image... :(
The video was converted from the AVCHD* format to AVI with MediaConvert (freeware). The process seems to have completed successfully, I am able to view the converted video correctly in VLC (freeware audio/video player), but in Mixcraft : no bueno.

Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!

*(high definition video format used by JVC, Sony, Panasonic...)
FancyGoose

Hobbyist here using Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with an Arturia Keylab 61 Essential MIDI controller and a Zoom Livetrak L-12 mixer (also the USB interface). I also enjoy EZ Drummer 2 and Amplitube 4.
Acoustica Greg

Re: No video in preview screen (ACVHD format to AVI)

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you running 64-bit Mixcraft? If not, try it in 64-bit Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
FancyGoose

Post by FancyGoose »

Hi Greg, yeppers, i'm running the 64-bit version.

It might have something to do with the conversion process, maybe the resulting AVI file is not "standard" or something... but again, in VLC it plays just fine. :(
FancyGoose

Hobbyist here using Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with an Arturia Keylab 61 Essential MIDI controller and a Zoom Livetrak L-12 mixer (also the USB interface). I also enjoy EZ Drummer 2 and Amplitube 4.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What if you convert to WMV or MP4?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
FancyGoose

Post by FancyGoose »

I converted the AVCHD video with Free AVCHD Converter* to MP4 format, and it works! Can't really say why it didn't work in the AVI format... anyways, thanks Greg!

*I recommend this to everyone who needs to convert video from JVC/Panasonic/Sony's AVCHD camcorder format... I spent several hours trying out supposedly free software which, in the end, had some limitations, such as the number of minutes it would convert for free, etc. Free AVCHD Converter converted an hour-long video without any problems. I hope I saved you some precious time! :)
FancyGoose