Combining AAS Sound Libraries

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bigaquarium

Combining AAS Sound Libraries

Post by bigaquarium »

Good evening,

Has anyone ever successfully combined the Applied Acoustics libraries (Journeys, Entangled Species) included with MX8 with any additional libraries they may have acquired? I have added Swatches and Cinematix which appear in their own AAS Player VST, while the other two appear under Journeys.

I'd love to have them all in one spot!

-N
Last edited by bigaquarium on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Combining AAS Sound Libraries

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I don't think it would work because different presets require different vst's
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

No, even if you copy the included entangled preset bank into the relevant full version (I can't remember which one it is from as I got them all in a bundle) it does not show up, I tried at least twice (and yes, into the right vst library). The string studio 3 has just been released (I upgraded from version 2, the upgrade was affordable, just, the non-upgraded version is not cheap). It is only available as a 64 bit version and the vst2 version save preset function double types each letter of the name, so after 2 days of trying I tried the vst3 version and there was no such problem with it. It seems like they may be doing great things, but their approach is narrowing, so beware if purchasing String Studio 3. Better warned than not
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Morning!

Just a quick update... I was able to get them to show up in the other VST but they were silent, LOL. There must be some copy protection involved in there as there should be. However no matter, I wrote the company asking the same question and customer service was kind enough to add Journeys/Entangled species to my AAS account which allowed the combined installation after all. To celebrate, I bought another sound bank! :)

- N
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Oh. Removing Journeys will of course break a myriad of presets in the instruments library. Better reactivate it. :|

-N