Not all audio Daws sound the same ...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Guaresneider

Re: Not all audio Daws sound the same ...

Post by Guaresneider »

jlouvar wrote:
Guaresneider wrote:Let's keep this thread going!
It may also depend on how much beer is consumed, lol. :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that may be...

I think Samplitude uses a frequency exciter of 4k to 7k in the base code, something that affects the output/master sound when I convert the mixdown to .wav 48,000 khz / 24bits. I have also noticed a more open sound in complex or multis Omnisphere sounds, with more defined highs.

Mixcraft has a more 'powerful' in your face sound but something more neutral in high frequencies and more closed in the stereo field.

I love Mixcraft and the workflow it has is incomparable,

Samplitude is somewhat behind in the workflow but ahead in the clarity of the exported sound, I hope Greg can bring something else there in Mixcraft v. 9.0 :D
mick

Post by mick »

The tests/comparison I did was with the help of a skinful of Lager. :shock:
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I think Samplitude uses a frequency exciter of 4k to 7k in the base code, something that affects the output/master sound...
If this is true, then it would seem Samplitude is coloring the sound. This is what plugins are for. But it's the publishers choice.

Mixcraft has a more 'powerful' in your face sound but something more neutral in high frequencies and more closed in the stereo field.
Again, if one assumes this is true, then MC is more neutral, uncolored.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Mixedbyedd

Post by Mixedbyedd »

Honestly Mixcraft is truly the easiest workflow DAWs on the market today.

But I have to agree with the OP. I hope Mixcraft developers can take this into serious consideration and let Version 10 have a better stereo image/clarity at mix downs or audio engine itself.

If they can do that, in my opinion, Mixcraft will be at the TOP of the list of easiest AND best sounding audio engines on the market currently.

I know if we want another sound, move on... however MC is the BEST 'load up and get straight to work' DAWs

Gives us fans a updated audio engine with wider image, more clarity, and it's golden.

Eddie
instagram.com/lileddmusic
Banjostar

Post by Banjostar »

Mixedbyedd wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:53 pm Honestly Mixcraft is truly the easiest workflow DAWs on the market today.

But I have to agree with the OP. I hope Mixcraft developers can take this into serious consideration and let Version 10 have a better stereo image/clarity at mix downs or audio engine itself.

If they can do that, in my opinion, Mixcraft will be at the TOP of the list of easiest AND best sounding audio engines on the market currently.

I know if we want another sound, move on... however MC is the BEST 'load up and get straight to work' DAWs

Gives us fans a updated audio engine with wider image, more clarity, and it's golden.

Eddie
instagram.com/lileddmusic
That's not how it works. You should read up on so called "audio engines" in DAW's
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Yeah, if your audio quality settings are the same, then the "clarity" would be identical for all DAWs.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

The argument has gotten so old, I just choose to ignore it anymore.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
careyletendre

Post by careyletendre »

"Comparison is the thief of joy" - anonymous