Midi foot controller suggestions?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

flipmowse

Midi foot controller suggestions?

Post by flipmowse »

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has used a midi foot controller in live performance with Mixcraft? I'm looking for recommendations or things to avoid--hardware-wise, or software wise. I'd like to do some live looping at least, which seems possible, but I'm hoping other things are possible too.

Here are some controllers I'd looked at:
Behringer MIDI Foot Controller FCB1010
Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller
Yamaha MFC10
Nektar Pacer MIDI Foot Controller

Thanks for any pointers/recommendations/tips.
FancyGoose

Re: Midi foot controller suggestions?

Post by FancyGoose »

Hi,

The FCB1010 is pretty popular and has been around for ages, but it has some quirks that you need to be aware of. You can watch videos for hours on YouTube to learn more about this one. You can alter it's MIDI behavior by adding a different chip in it (UnO, EurekaPROM3...). It's also pretty huge... it all depends on your needs...

I just ordered a MorningstarFX MC6 which seems to me like the most configurable MIDI foot controller around in such a small format. It's not cheap, I spent way more than I was willing to on a MIDI foot controller, but it looks sooooooo versatile... I'll tell you more once I've used it.

Choices, choices...
FancyGoose

Hobbyist here using Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with an Arturia Keylab 61 Essential MIDI controller and a Zoom Livetrak L-12 mixer (also the USB interface). I also enjoy EZ Drummer 2 and Amplitube 4.
flipmowse

Post by flipmowse »

Thanks! The Morningstar does look interesting...I'm curious to see how you like it...
SeanMichaels

Post by SeanMichaels »

+1 vote for the FCB1010. My keyboard player has been using his for a solid two years with no issue. We run it into a Roland FA-08 to a laptop with Ableton Live. He's able to trigger samples, switch scenes, and just about anything else you can imagine using MIDI.