Help with Tx16Wx software samper!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

M@rkus

Help with Tx16Wx software samper!

Post by M@rkus »

Hi,

I´ve got a problem with my Tx16Wx (Cwitek) free software sampler.

This might not be a Mixcraft-related problem, but I wanted to post this anyway, since there might be an odd chance that someone can help. I have not been able to get any help with the solution on KVR:s forum on this, probably because I have never updated the sampler since I downloaded it in 2014, and no one seems to use this outdated version any more.

There is a new free version out, but to be able to install that, I need first to uninstall the one I´ve got, and I´ve got hundreds if not thousands of samples loaded. So, If I could get this one to work instead of installing the new one, it would save me a lot of work.

Anyway, the problem is not very complicated, but it appeared all of a sudden a couple of months ago, on both my computers. It worked fine a couple of months ago.

The problem is that the Tx16Wx doesn´t seem to respond to midi anymore. When I press the keys on my keyboard nothing happens. Although I can see the samples are getting loaded, and I can hear the sound of the sample If I press the piano roll of the Tx16Wx.

I can also hear the sample If I press Mixcrafts piano roll! But If I press play and play back the song in its entirety, there´s no sound! I should say that all my other VSTI:s are working as they should.
To my knowledge I haven't done any changes of the settings in Mixcraft or the Tx16Wx, and as I said, it worked perfectly fine a couple of months ago!

So, If there´s anyone out there who think they might be able to help, feel free to do so!
Best regards/

M@rkus
Attachments
Mc7_Tx16Wx.jpg
Mc7_Tx16Wx.jpg (610.89 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
Ian Craig

Re: Help with Tx16Wx software samper!

Post by Ian Craig »

Hi Markus,

I think the problem could be the current build of Mixcraft. Issues not dissimilar to this seem to be occurring with recent builds. If you have or can access earlier builds I'd suggest you try one of those. It should sort the issue out.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Hi, Ian!

Thanks for your reply!

Actually, when you mention it, I did open Mixcraft 6 yesterday and tried the Tx16Wx, but the same problem occurred! I currently use Mixcraft 7, build 316! But since this problem occurred simultaniously on both my computers, I think it must have to do with some kind of update of sorts...

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
M@rkus

Temporary solution found!

Post by M@rkus »

Hi,

Just to let you know I found a temporary solution! For some reason it seems that Mixcraft decided not to accept midi signals from channel 1 on the Tx16Wx (the default setting that have always worked)! I tried all the channels and channel 16 worked! I can now get my samples to sound when I press the keys on my keyboard.

On the other hand, these samples will not sound if I press the keys on the piano roll in Mixcraft! I suppose the piano roll midi in is still set to channel 1, and I don´t know how to change that to channel 16!

Well, I will try to find a solution to this in time!

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
M@rkus

Ah.....

Post by M@rkus »

Midi channel "omni" seemed to solve the problem! I´m so happy! :)

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
M@rkus

Seems I still need some help with midi settings!

Post by M@rkus »

Hi,

It still seems I need some help with the midi settings in Mixcraft, even though I´ve got the Tx16Wx sampler to work. I got this response from the KVR-forum:

"Do note that in case you have things set to omni, and you have multiple patches loaded in TX16Wx, it will layer them all always. You won't be able to play each patch over a separate MIDI channel.

Maybe read Mixcraft's manual about MIDI channels in its piano roll..."

So, is there a way to change how Mixcraft reads midi, or which channels Mixcraft responds to? Tx16Wx´s default setting was channel 1, but Mixcraft does not respond to Tx16Wx on channel 1. I changed Tx16Wx´s midi output to "omni" and that worked, but as you can see from KVR:s response, things might not be that simple.

Is there a way to change which midi channels Mixcraft respond to? Where and how do I do that? In the piano roll there does not seem to be any midi changes to be made?

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

The Mixcraft manual can be found in Mixcraft under Help. Midi Basics starts on page 60... Piano Roll Edit on page 71, and etc. I hope this helps.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
outteh

Post by outteh »

Try this as a start!

M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

outteh wrote:Try this as a start!

Hi, outteh!

Thanks for your reply! But that screenshot... surley that is Mixcraft 8? My layout in Mixcraft 7 doesn´t look anything like that! Or am I missing something here? (Not impossible....)

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

jlouvar wrote:The Mixcraft manual can be found in Mixcraft under Help. Midi Basics starts on page 60... Piano Roll Edit on page 71, and etc. I hope this helps.
Hi, jlouvar!

Thanks for your reply! But the manual for Mixcraft 7 only has info on midi at page 108 (MIDI basics) and I didn´t find anything there that could help me!

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

M@rkus wrote:Hi, outteh!

Thanks for your reply! But that screenshot... surley that is Mixcraft 8? My layout in Mixcraft 7 doesn´t look anything like that! Or am I missing something here? (Not impossible....)

Best regards/
M@rkus
Hi,

Mixcraft 7 has that option, but without the MIDI Clock feature.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If Mixcraft is picking up MIDI on channel 16, that means MIDI is being sent on channel 16. Maybe a setting changed in your plugin?

To set the MIDI channel for a track or lane, right-click on the track and select Lanes > MIDI Channel.

You can also select notes, right-click on them, and set their MIDI channels.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

...and as always, remember that you can upgrade to Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio for cheap.

Greg
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
M@rkus wrote:Hi, outteh!

Best regards/
M@rkus
Hi,

Mixcraft 7 has that option, but without the MIDI Clock feature.

Greg

Hi, Greg!

Thanks for your reply!

I look at the image outteh posted and I try to figure out what it is that I´m missing.... I post an image here so you can see what I mean. I cant find those midi options! When I press "Edit", I only get the image of the (in this case) 4 front piano! What am I missing?
Best regards/
Markus
Attachments
Mixcraft.jpg
Mixcraft.jpg (198.21 KiB) Viewed 4372 times
M@rkus/
Sweden
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's for sending MIDI out to external MIDI devices, so it's only there if you select an external MIDI device. It doesn't apply to what you're doing, I think?

Greg