SOS: how to restore to MC408? Today's update has bricked MC

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

lingyai

SOS: how to restore to MC408? Today's update has bricked MC

Post by lingyai »

Hi guys,

I need to rollback to version 408* please, rather urgently.

Today I accepted the suggestion for an update and, long story short, Mixcraft has basically bricked on me. I'm effectively locked out of projects. I failed to set a windows restore point.

I'm not here to troubleshoot or complain, I don't have time at the moment for anything but working on some Mixcraft projects; but here are basic symptoms, after a reboot, with projects / plugs etc which have never been a problem in MC8 before:

-- it's 50/50 whether the play button makes the thing play.

-- One new, saved test project with just one simple midi line going though pianissimo would not play at all when reopened. No signs of freezing etc., but just unresponsive.

-- when achieved, playback will suddenly stop, then resume when I close plugin windows, then play until I stop it, but then won't restart

-- some FX chains not working at all, when they clearly should be (no they are not bypassed; yes the PC is plugged in etc)

I've noticed these in apx. 4 minutes, replicated a few, and have had enough with this particular version. This is not how MC has ever been on my setup, nor of course how it is supposed to be.

I'm on a Win7 64 pro laptop custom-built for music production by a good outfit, i7 cpu, 16 gb ram, focusrite usb interface, works with other DAWs and plugins. In fact, Mixcraft for me has, since I bought it in late 2017 until today, been 99.9% rock solid -- more than any other DAW I've used.

Now, immediately post-installation of the update, I can't do much of anything with existing Mixcraft projects or create new ones. I'm locked out.

I can provide more tech details later but for now, please, simply tell me how to rollback to version 408*.

*PS Support told me a while ago I should not be on v408, as a later version had some important fixes; but honestly for me it was never broke, no need to fix, so I'd just like to go back to that, please. Don't want, perchance, to encounter problems with the version he'd suggested; just want to go back to Kansas.
lingyai

Re: SOS: how to restore to MC408? Today's update has bricked MC

Post by lingyai »

I also just noticed that double clicking on a midi track no longer brings up the soundtab at the bottom, so can't get a piano roll view for example
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I'm going to answer you in support since you sent a ticket there too.
lingyai

Post by lingyai »

Yes I saw that, thank you, but you asked me to troubleshoot.

I pointed out that I have already pointed out that I don't wish to do that today.

My plain request is to rollback to v408.

I no longer have that installer and don't see it available under legacy products on your site.

Please help me rollback. The rest can wait. Even if it's "good for me."
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

For future readers... The 408 installer ws sent to this user.