When it rains it pours

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bigaquarium

When it rains it pours

Post by bigaquarium »

Morning!

Is there a way to mix a MIDI track to an Audio track where you don't get one giant clip instead of the multiple clips you may have started with? I am trying to convert a track to audio that has a short clip at the beginning and the end of the song, and I'm getting one huge clip the duration of the song of mostly silence. It'd be nice to not have to split these back out because I want to loop them, and that would be slow to do.

As an aside, I noticed my play bar is snapping to say, 4.4.999 instead of 5.1.000 this morning. Odd, eh? LOL and it just stopped doing it the second I typed that. :D

-N
freightgod

Re: When it rains it pours

Post by freightgod »

Great question!
outteh

Post by outteh »

I think you would have to put each loop on a separate track. Then when you mix down to midi you’ll get different midi files. You can import them and play around as you want. :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Or, solo the track, select the first clip, mix it down with the "Use Selection" option, then select the second clip and mix it down with Use Selection.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Or, solo the track, select the first clip, mix it down with the "Use Selection" option, then select the second clip and mix it down with Use Selection.

Greg
Hi,

Will it mix into an audio lane this way or would that be creating a file to import back in?

-N
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

bigaquarium wrote:Hi,

Will it mix into an audio lane this way or would that be creating a file to import back in?

-N
You'd have to load the files back in.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Acoustica Greg wrote:You'd have to load the files back in.
Hi,

Ok thanks. Think I’ll add the ability to mix clips/selections to audio inside a project to the suggestion list.

I’m really taxing my machine with about 40 tracks on a massive project with lots of effects right now, the project crashes a lot when loading but once it’s open it works ok except it usually crashes after mix down. So, it’d nice to be able to convert the MIDI to audio on the tracks to free up resources but still remain flexible enough to be able to move and expand clips as the writing process progresses without doing a bunch of housekeeping if that makes sense.

I’m not a big fan of freezing because it’s not really a permanent solution like mixing to audio, and there are some ghosts in the freezing process that have come out from time to time like artifacts and other oddities.

Best,

-N
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You're noticing artifacts in frozen tracks? What kind of artifacts?

Greg
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi, if you are using virtual instruments in Mixcraft you can convert to audio. It is in the Mixcraft manual. I have done this when using multiple orchestra instrumrnts. I record the midi, tweek it, then convert to audio. It makes an audio track next to the midi track you converted. This would save some cpu resorses.
Hope this helps.
- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
On page 48 of the Mixcraft manual is where it shows how to convert a virtual instrument midi track to audio. This saves cpu power of you have a lot of plugins and virtual instruments.
Hope this helps.
- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1