Converting Wave Files to MIDI

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rcamp48

Converting Wave Files to MIDI

Post by rcamp48 »

Hi Greg:

Is there any updates on saving Wave files to MIDI using multiple instruments? I would like to save some of my square dance records to midi , they do use multiple instruments, I have the latest version of Mixcraft 8 Pro 64 bit installed on an 8 GIG computer. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I do have access to an online converter (Bear File Converter), but the output is so garbled when importing into mixcraft...

I will enclose a sample of a midi file that works on my Yamaha keyboard , but not in Mixcraft.
GrandpaJones-WaitingForATrain.mp3.mid
(73.96 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Note that this file came from Bear File Converter, and it works on my Yamaha Keyboard, but not in Mixcraft, take a look at it Greg: see what they do with the output and see what you can do to incorporate this into Mixcraft 8 pro, I paid $10.00 for a month of online converting of wave files with audio to MIDI , in this one you can almost hear the lyrics. Russ Campbell
rcamp48

Re: Converting Wave Files to MIDI

Post by rcamp48 »

I stand corrected, this function works if you do not touch or optimize the output file for XG format. The file as I have uploaded works if you import it as a sound file, then save it as a midi file then you can modify it. Did you update mixcraft to do this Greg? It did not work in an earlier version. Russ
rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 »

Here is both the mp3 of the original file and the MIDI that I was able to optimize with Mixcraft 8 Pro , its a square dance reel called Virginia Reel, see how close it gets in this rendition that I modified:
virginia reel remix.mid
(123.16 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Note that I am unable to put in the mp3 of Virginia Reel, it is too big.
Last edited by rcamp48 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

For the sake of my own curiousity:

Are you saying that you can take a POLYPHONIC .MP3 file, upload it to that Bear Converter, and it spits out a MIDI file with multiple tracks/instruments that require very little MIDI editing???

Could you upload the .MP3 file that you're using???

P.S.

Oh I see you say the .MP3 file is too big. Upload to SoundCloud and detail the link here.
rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 »

One more for now:
sunshine remixed.mid
(341.94 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Last edited by rcamp48 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 »

Here are the 3 files that I have used on Mega NZ, they should be accessible ... Russ

https://mega.nz/#F!UAdlhCrA!mv5v66LFZM-kmS1eNs5OeA
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the feature suggestion!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101