Incredible !!! Wave to MIDI With Vocals

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rcamp48

Incredible !!! Wave to MIDI With Vocals

Post by rcamp48 »

I have managed to do it again !!!!!!!!

An MP3 file that was converted , and actually has vocals that are not there !!!! Very clear !!!!

This file is the called side of Virginia Reel, you can actually hear the caller giving the commands AND the original music , how that for details ????? See for yourself. I will upload the Mixcraft 8 Pro project file itself, so you can play around with it, I have got it close to the original, the tempo is the same as the original, folks this is incredible for something that was modified with Mixcraft 8 Pro.

Here is the file itself:
Virginia Reel Remix Called.mx8
Latest version of a remix of Virginia Reel Called, it has a few presets.
(877.87 KiB) Downloaded 233 times

If you have downloaded the midi file redownload the project file, it will set the proper presets....... Russ
freightgod

Re: Incredible !!! Wave to MIDI With Vocals

Post by freightgod »

2nd edit:(to move first edit to top)::

EDIT:

noTE tofuture SeLF: do noT smoKE ye olDe faTTy before opening :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

lol

That's pretty funny. Hope I didn't get a virus tho :!:

Can I "life-subscribe" to this thread?
rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 »

No virus ...... here is another:
some broken hearts never mend called.mid
(151.43 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

That's 2 posts Greg.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

Dude!!!

On what planet are these MIDI files an accurate representation of the .MP3 files that you're using and that you uploaded on your other thread???

And the reason the conversion is VERY ROUGHLY working is because the way those .MP3 files are mixed: they may just as well be one instrument.

Like I said: try it with a PROPER POLYPHONIC audio file and see what you get.

But hey: if you're happy with the result then I'm happy for you.

My interest in these threads of yours was that I thought you'd discovered something magical that would convert PROPER POLYPHONIC audio files to MIDI that even Melodyne Studio cannot do accurately or as easy as "one click of a button". Unfortunately: it still holds true that there's really no real audio to MIDI conversion.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

dpaterson wrote:Dude!!!

On what planet are these MIDI files an accurate representation of the .MP3 files that you're using and that you uploaded on your other thread???

And the reason the conversion is VERY ROUGHLY working is because the way those .MP3 files are mixed: they may just as well be one instrument.
Hi Dale,
I didn't realise these were real posts, I presumed them to be false links designed to give control of people's machines to hijackers or something ?
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 »

dpaterson wrote:Dude!!!

Like I said: try it with a PROPER POLYPHONIC audio file and see what you get.

But hey: if you're happy with the result then I'm happy for you.

My interest in these threads of yours was that I thought you'd discovered something magical that would convert PROPER POLYPHONIC audio files to MIDI that even Melodyne Studio cannot do accurately or as easy as "one click of a button". Unfortunately: it still holds true that there's really no real audio to MIDI conversion.
My post was mainly for the use of a polyphonic file , the idea is that if you played around enough with the midi then you can get close... but still you are right , it was just a fun idea, you can never get exactly the same thing on Mixcraft. I have been working on a few real mp3 files I will convert them and try to get close to what we are looking for. We will see if it actually works or not. Russ
rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 »

My point is this: If there is a way to take an mp3 file and inputb it to a website that offers such stuff, and are able to load the output into Mixcraft you can get very good results... I was posting mainly for Greg to see what they are doing on this site, and to try and incorporate the same feature into Mixcraft 8 Pro. I am not talking something that you can play back through your home stereo , whats the point? I am talking something that could be modified with Mixcraft 8 Pro, and then played on something like what I have a Yamaha PR-290 keyboard. Thats a totally different animal in theory. Take this song Cheeseburger in Paradise, a complex song in itself: In 5 minutes I was able to reproduce the following:
cheeseburger in paradise.mx8
Jimmy Buffet's Cheeseburger In Paradise in MIDI with lyrics.
(396.41 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
from Jimmy Buffet. Imagine what a person could do in say 3 hours or more, and a gain these midi files are editable.

I guess its high time I included the website so that anyone can duplicate my results: https://www.ofoct.com/audio-converter/c ... -midi.html

Russ
rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 »

OK now I can say that I have mixed a Bob Seger song, The Fire Down Below with the help of the website above, again the listing of this website is only so that Greg can duplicate whatever they are doing , I have the output from that song and for midi its not bad. Have a listen and there are vocals:
fire down below.mid
(223.26 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Russ
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

Well I for one would be as happy as a pig in sh*t if you find a converter that could take a commercial song with vocals, bass, drums, guitars, keyboards (you get the picture) and spit it out in MIDI format that only requires a few minutes of tweaking. So don’t let me stop you or rain on your parade. LOL!!!

I can tell you this though: you will be a VERY rich man if you do find such a converter that’s for sure. The likes of Celemony would pay a pretty hefty price for such an algorithm I can tell you.

For the sake of interest I’ll run one of my type of songs through that converter and upload both the song and the resultant MIDI file and I’ll use Melodyne to do the same thing. Let’s see for the fun of it. (Can only do this a bit later or tomorrow because this thread reminded me that it’s been a while since I did a full system virus and malware scan!!! LOL!!!).

What I have found unfortunately is that it is more trouble than it’s worth to try tidying up a MIDI file that’s the result of an audio to MIDI conversion even with a fancy and rather expensive thing like Melodyne. It would take, and has taken, less time to create the MIDI file from scratch. The technology just isn’t quite there yet. Works fine if you have a very clear and distinct, almost single instrumentlike, file.
rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 »

I have a preset for all of you guys and gals to try with that site , so far it works on everything that I have thrown at it, does not matter what instrumentation it is , this preset seems to work with everything I have tried so far, even the older files that I uploaded, all you have to do is convert the mp3 file, and then load it , and set this preset with one touch of a finger. The problem is that I do not know where Mixcraft 8 Pro saves the preset, or I would have it up already. This is a custom preset called MP3 To MIDI. Please someone let me know how to do this as I want to share this preset and update it everytime I tweak it. Oh by the way this preset works with multi instruments, I don't want fame or fortune with this one , I just want to share.Russ
rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 »

I figured it out , and got the preset, its an instrument file all I did was zip it up and you have to import from it somehow, here is my preset file for taking files converted with Bear Converter and patching the MIDI files so that almost everything works, give it a try: NO viruses:
Attachments
MP3 To MIDI.zip
This is my preset for loading midi files trhat have lyrics on them, feel free to modify it to suit your needs.... the results of over 4 hours work.
(5.57 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

rcamp48 wrote:<snip> I was posting mainly for Greg to see what they are doing on this site, and to try and incorporate the same feature into Mixcraft 8 Pro. <snip>
MX8P is a finished product... nothing new is going to be added to MX8 except bug fixes... But you could add it to the Mixcraft Suggestion thread for MX9 :wink:
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 »

Does anyone know how to add new instruments , I have located the instrument file on one computer but want to add it to the second computer, maybe Greg you could help me out?

Russ