32 vs. 64 Bit Plugin Reference

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jlouvar

Re: 32 vs. 64 Bit Plugin Reference

Post by jlouvar »

I don’t use the 32 bit version and I only had it because I accidentally installed it instead of the 64 bit, and my 64 bit version is working prefectlly so I’m not going to mess with it... you know the old saying “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it”. But thank you for reminding me to delete the 32 bit version to free up space. Anyway sorry to read you’re having so many problems.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

sjoens wrote:Try it and post screenshots of both. Set up 32-bit close it out open 64-bit set it up close it out then reopen each one and tell me what you have.
Hi,

Which 32-bit plugins are you seeing? Which VST folder do you have them installed in?

You may already know this, but if you don't add the 32-bit plugins to your project, they won't do anything or use any resources.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
outteh

Post by outteh »

Greg, I think there is some misunderstanding here. What is trying to be achieved is that the 64 bit version of Mixcraft only show and use 64 bit vst/vsti. Likewise the 32 bit version only show and use 32 bit. Since both versions access the same folders where the vst’s are stored (the .dll’s) we are looking for a way to eliminate this and apply a folder that only contains the vst’s we want to show in each version. I’m assuming a folder can be created and .dll’s placed in it and the folder name set in preferences which would let this happen. But I think you would then have to take the .dll’s out of the standard Mixcraft folders (or at least rename them) so they won’t be picked up. I also realize you could go into plugin manager for each Mixcraft incident and disable those plugins you don’t want to show up. :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Right, I was assuming that all paths had been removed from "Edit VST/VSTi Folders," and he was still picking up 32-bit plugins. If that's the case, then which 32-bit plugins are they? Which folder are they in?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101