Replace all clips option?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Fansang

Replace all clips option?

Post by Fansang »

Hey gang. So I'm wondering if there's a solution to this without going back and doing all my work over again.

Using MC8, I've just been using the included drum .wav files for the time being. I was using a Tama Swingstar Kick I initially like but after reflection decided I'm not too keen on it anymore and want to replace it with something but I've already created the entire drum track. Is there a way to highlight all the sounds in the track and then replace with a different kick drum sound file from the Library to fit exactly everything I've already laid out?

Thanks in advance!
Benjamin Drew

Re: Replace all clips option?

Post by Benjamin Drew »

I guess you could just create another audio track and add different kick drums and use your original as a template. Then when you get what you're looking for, just mute or delete the original.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Hmm, unfortunately I don't think so... Or at least I'm not aware of a way to do that.

EDIT: Maybe there is way to use the kick to trigger another kick sample, but I don’t know. Another thought is, maybe you can EQ the kick to taste?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Fansang wrote:Hey gang. So I'm wondering if there's a solution to this without going back and doing all my work over again.
Morning,

So because I’m slow, you have a drum track with individual wav hits and you want to replace all of the kicks? I take it they are all in the same lane?

I’m thinking you might be able to do it the dirty way if you copied all the project files to a new location, renamed the kick wav you want to match the one you don’t want, replace the file, and just fool MC that way.

-N
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

If your kick drum is on a seperate track, you can try the slice to transient function on page 98 and 99 in the manual. I've never tried it but according to the manual you can use this to create a midi loop and then use the midi loop to trigger the Omni sampler with your new kick .wav on one of the pads, or you could use it on a drum virtual instrument.
There is also plugins made to do this. I know Addictive Drums has a plugin called Addictive Trigger which senses the beat and triggers another sample.

If your drum track includes all the drum hits ( kick, snare, hi hats, etc.) then it is going to get more complicated.

How did you create this track?