Mixcraft isn't fully recognizing my Nektar Impact LX25

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

j.evang

Mixcraft isn't fully recognizing my Nektar Impact LX25

Post by j.evang »

I can hear piano and other virtual instruments, and I hear sound when i hit the pads. I can transpose, and shift the octaves and use pitch bend and mod wheels. but beyond all that i can't do anything. Am not able to record, set the loop function, play, stop, adjust the parameters, change tracks, patches, etc. I must be missing some steps. any help is appreciated, thanks. FYI, mixcraft is my preferred DAW, and i was told this midi keyboard would work just as well in mixcraft as the other daws it's fully integrated for.
jlouvar

Re: Mixcraft isn't fully recognizing my Nektar Impact LX25

Post by jlouvar »

Hmm, my Akai MPK249 works great with MIxcraft 8 Pro... However it took me a long time to map everything out, but mostly because Akai doesn’t have a factory Mixcraft mapping preset so I had to manually do it and I’m new to using a surface controlled keyboard. So all I can suggest is watching all the mapping videos you can find on YouTube for your controller with Mixcraft and don’t give up until you get everything mapped out.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Nektar didn't make any special integration for Mixcraft, and you might contact them to suggest they they do.

But beyond that, I would think you should be able to use MIDI Learn to map the controls. Or, if it supports Mackie Control, you could use that.

I tried to find a manual for it online, but I wasn't seeing one. Look in the Nektar Impact LX25 manual and see what it suggests for DAWs that are not on the list of supported software.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
FrankClau

Post by FrankClau »

Hello
Go to this link:
http://support.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctyp ... ategory=25

Note: There is a different set of instructions for setting the USB Port Setup mode on the LX25+.
If that doesn't help, please tell me which functions you are having trouble using.
I should mention that the [Clips], [Scenes] and [Page] buttons are not used in Mixcraft. Also, the [Play] button will not do anything until you have created or recorded an audio or MIDI region.
j.evang

Post by j.evang »

thank you FrankClau, this was helpful :)

it seems i'm getting more of a response from the keyboard when i press buttons other than the ones i mentioned. :p the only thing is i can't seem to get the play, stop, record features to work properly but it seems the keyboard is responsive to what i wish to do, i just dont think i know the right steps. i recorded a midi/virtual instrument track but the keyboard is not playing anything back. did you mean something else by midi/audio region?

on a side note, if you could help, i'm also having issues with the playback of audio tracks in mixcraft. when i record acoustic guitar i can hear audio on one side (the left side) but not the other side. however, i can hear audio on both sides when i record a midi/virtual instrument track? i'm assuming this is a simple adjustment but again, i don't know the steps to take. help with this also would be very much appreciated!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What do you mean when you say the keyboard is not playing anything back? What are you trying to do, exactly?

In regard to the other problem, don't choose Stereo when you click on the little arrow next to the arm button on an audio track, choose the side that has the audio. In most cases, this would be the left side.

Why? Because most recording sources are mono, not stereo, and you've got a full mono signal coming in on one side. Arming it on the side with the audio gives you a centered mono recording that you can use in your stereo mix.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mick

Post by mick »

TBH I'd map the Nektar manually because Mixcraft has the means to do this.
Preferences > midi > tick both boxes, (I think) Nektar and Nektar lx 2
Close window.
Mix tab > scroll down to midi control surfaces > midi learn. This is the same midi learn as from the gui but you can name and save and therefore build your own mapping then save, Mixcraft will use this mapping when opened next time.
The master volume can be mapped to the mod wheel. :D
Parameters can be mapped as CC messages to anything that moves such as track volume and pan (sliders and knobs) or buttons that click for solo/mute. Don't forget to save.
Anything on the keyboard can be assigned including the pads, and from your qwerty keyboard you can trigger PP slots or sets. In some instances you need to map using the Nektar and qwerty keyboard to cover all requirements although not everything can be so.
Attachments
map.PNG
map.PNG (58.39 KiB) Viewed 4106 times
j.evang

Post by j.evang »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

What do you mean when you say the keyboard is not playing anything back? What are you trying to do, exactly?
. sorry, didn't mean to say that the keyboard should play back something back.
I'm just trying to play back whatever i recorded on mixcraft. there are rewind, fast foward, loop stop play and record buttons above the keys. i would expect that when i press one of these buttons it would do those respective functions for whatever track i recorded. hopefully that makes sense. but judging from the most recent post, it looks like i have to literally map those functions to the DAW. will try to see if the solution above will work.
mick

Post by mick »

If you look at the pic I posted you will see the cc commands I mapped and these include play,stop, record, etc. This does work! Its the best option as you choose what to map rather than Nektar make that desicion. It will take only a few minuetes and its simple. I have the master volume on the mod wheel, you can put track volume faders on the sliders and mute or solo on the buttons under the sliders. Map anything to anything. :D
mick

Post by mick »

If you look at the pic I posted you will see the cc commands I mapped and these include play,stop, record, etc. The loop is mapped too. :D This does work!
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

I had to manually map my transport (stop, play, record, rewind, etc) for my Akai MPK249 in the Control Surface Details too. Also don’t forget to save the mapping settings, and you can save more than one using different names too.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
mick

Post by mick »

Glad you sorted it! 8)