BOSS DR880 MIDI ISSUES

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

geobee

BOSS DR880 MIDI ISSUES

Post by geobee »

Hi all, this isn't exactly a Mixcraft issue, but I feel some of you could have came across it. When I am triggering the DR880 drum machine via Mixcraft, from my Yamaha PSREW400 keys, with midi, the Boss machine will start and stop all good, but it starts out of clock sync with the midi signal. It just starts playing it's own pattern. I have the Boss midi setup as per the manual, which has the midi in set to midi only. It is doing my head in for months now. Asked on the Roland forums, no replies, emailed Roland here in Australia, no reply. By the way, it also does the same thing when set up with an older Casio keyboard which has the 5 pin din for midi, so it just goes direct, no need to go via a computer at all. Hope someone may have came across a similar issue in the past.
geobee

Re: BOSS DR880 MIDI ISSUES

Post by geobee »

Well, solved this finally. The drum machine had to be set on an empty song to follow the midi clock from an external device. Just wish they would write manuals properly, instead of assuming that we should know about things.