Anyone using dual monitors with MixCraft8

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

squeakie

Anyone using dual monitors with MixCraft8

Post by squeakie »

Anyone using dual monitors? I’m wondering if using them in Extend mode is what’s causing my issues (as that’s the only thing I’ve changed, and MC has been running great since the addition of the 2nd monitor).

I record three tracks.., then randomly the sound just cuts out on track 1, tracks 2 and 3 are fine, and all other tracks have no sound. I can see on the bar that midi messages are transmitted, but the audio cuts. The only recent changes I’ve made was just adding a 2nd monitor and using that in Extend mode.
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Acoustica Greg

Re: Anyone using dual monitors with MixCraft8

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's likely unrelated. Mixcraft was designed on computers with multiple monitors.

Is this just happening with one project? Are you sure you don't have any tracks soloed?

You're not using any virtual instruments that are in demo mode?

It could be all sorts of things, we'll need more details.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

No tracks are soloed. All VST’s used are full versions (no demos). It’s even happening when only using MC’s included VST’s.

When it first happen, I was working on a simple project. Three tracks.

Track 1 Pianissimo
Track 2 Acoustica Upright Bass
Track 3 Acoustica Brush Kit

Right in the middle of recording the solo part on track one.., the sound just cut out completely. Tracks two and three have recorded midi data and play fine, I can also select either of those tracks and still play them with my controller. Track one and all other tracks (including tracks with no data at the default piano sound) will have no audio. I can select them, and MC shows that midi data is being received from my controller, but no sound.

I’ve also tried several USB cables to see if it’s my controller and it’s the same with all.

The only changes I’ve made recently was adding a second monitor. No new VST’s, no changes to preferences either.

Thx
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Send us the project file and we'll check it out: Send Us a Message.

Greg
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Thx, next time it happens I’ll send the log file. I’ll try the first scenario and see if I can reproduce it.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Having two monitors is great!

Greg
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
I have been using 2 monitors without any problems. I use the second monitor to display the undocked mixer.
It has not effected any audio or midi functions, or plugins. My graphics card handles the monitors. My video card is listed in my signature at the bottom.
- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
geobee

Post by geobee »

Being using duals since Mixcraft 7, no issues. Great to be able to drag say, an effects display across and not to have congestion on the main screen. Wouldn't be without it. I just purchased a little adapter goes from the ''display out'' to a VGA socket for the second screen. It was only a few dollars.
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Never fails.., problem occurs several times, but when I try to recreate it, suddenly the gremlins hide. Almost like MC new that I told on it. If it happens again I’ll just send the log file in.

I do love using dual monitors too. Being able to drag items to the other screen is very convenient.

Sqk
cbeattyjr

Post by cbeattyjr »

Drdish007 wrote:Hi,
I have been using 2 monitors without any problems. I use the second monitor to display the undocked mixer.
It has not effected any audio or midi functions, or plugins. My graphics card handles the monitors. My video card is listed in my signature at the bottom.
- Myran
What he said! BTW - my PC has similar specs to Drdish007.
Chuck Beatty
Check out Electro-Roots Workshop on YouTube.
MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro Laptop (GEFORCE GTX 1060)
Presonus 1824 Interface
A bunch of other stuff!