What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bobbyathome

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by bobbyathome »

In previous versions of Mixcraft, you could mouse over any area of the piano roll and it would display the note you were about to enter there. This feature disappeared with Mixcraft 9. I do a lot of mouse entry so would appreciate seeing this feature restored. Thanks, I love my Mixcraft btw. Also I have version 442 of Mix 9 pro 64 bit.
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

Bobby,
midiscreen.png
midiscreen.png (87.1 KiB) Viewed 18782 times

I think it still works - I may have misunderstood but is the screen capture what you mean?

The area I marked in red changes whenever you move the mouse over the piano roll - you also see a yellow hint window.
bobbyathome

Post by bobbyathome »

Thanks, but previous versions had an actual tool tip when you moved the mouse cursor over any spot on the piano role. The tool tip displayed the note right there.
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

Bobby,

Check you have it switched on.

note2.png
note2.png (73.77 KiB) Viewed 18732 times
note.png
note.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 18732 times
Ibwestchef

Post by Ibwestchef »

jwarv wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:18 pm :)
Ibwestchef wrote:Omni needs work if possible for the Rap production producers

2.A way to edit start and end points within the GUI

Edible? Wouldn't that be Fruity Loops? :)
apepper

Post by apepper »

Too late for 9, but for 10

Midi legato - or, at least, stop notes overlapping. I often want to create a vocal or brass score using Musescore, but it does very silly things if the notes overlap even by a millisecond. Conversely, if there's slight gaps between notes, Musescore will add very, very short rests between notes.

Switch speaker output buttons on the main page - perhaps at the bottom; I have a USB mike with a headphone out - so I can hear the mike without any lag, if I record vocals I have to switch the speaker device to be the USB mike, if I'm recording anything else, switch back to the normal sound card. Switching at the moment is a fiddle; (File/Preferences/Speaker device/USB mike or soundcard/OK) - five clicks - I often have to switch 3 or 4 times per song.

Remember the name of the midi file when importing it. If I import a midi file (say Over the Rainbow.mid) and then save the sequence, it doesn't suggest Over the Rainbox.mx9.
mick

Post by mick »

Release the mouse then click on the note again for the tooltip to appear.
mbkeareny

Post by mbkeareny »

New track type: Direct in or patch point -- not sure what to call it:

I want to use MixCraft as a virtual mixer for live performing. I use pre-recorded backing tracks (audio & midi) and a "chord sheet/lyric" video along with live instruments. To mix in mixcraft (and avoid using my hardware mixer) I can bring in a few live sources (keyboard, mic & guitar) through separate channels on my audio interface. Now I have to use a standard audio track which is OK except I have to "mon" those tracks every time I load a new song to be able to mix those tracks to the output bus. I would like to not have to do that either by a) having mixcraft save the status of the "mon" on those tracks when the file is saved so it loads up ready to go, or b) having a new track type that would just take an audio input and patch it to an output bus (with the ability to add effects and sends) without the overhead of recording it (no "arm" or "mon" needed). I would prefer to have option "b" -- I think it would be a very useful feature.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

mbkeareny wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:26 pm New track type: Direct in or patch point -- not sure what to call it:

I want to use MixCraft as a virtual mixer for live performing. I use pre-recorded backing tracks (audio & midi) and a "chord sheet/lyric" video along with live instruments. To mix in mixcraft (and avoid using my hardware mixer) I can bring in a few live sources (keyboard, mic & guitar) through separate channels on my audio interface. Now I have to use a standard audio track which is OK except I have to "mon" those tracks every time I load a new song to be able to mix those tracks to the output bus. I would like to not have to do that either by a) having mixcraft save the status of the "mon" on those tracks when the file is saved so it loads up ready to go, or b) having a new track type that would just take an audio input and patch it to an output bus (with the ability to add effects and sends) without the overhead of recording it (no "arm" or "mon" needed). I would prefer to have option "b" -- I think it would be a very useful feature.
Hi,

Have you tried making a template file?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Barth

Post by Barth »

Hi all. I take advantage that I have seen a similar image in the forum, to make a suggestion:

In MIDI editing, by placing the mouse over each note, would it be possible to see the basic information about each MIDI note, e.g. in the area indicated by the red arrow or similar? e.g. Note, Velocity, Start measure, duration...
I think it could be useful, I'm constantly looking at the information in many notes, so it would save me having to right click and then another click on note properties each time.
Attach a simple example in the pic.
Just a suggestion. Thanks.

1INF.jpg
1INF.jpg (281.64 KiB) Viewed 18582 times
heks

Post by heks »

1 Having acquired loads and loads of plugins over the years I would like a better selection method rather than scrolling down a long, long list of Fx. For me I'd like drag and drop into the Fx slot on the mixer. But showing developer, or just larger "box" would be better than scrolling over and over again down a long list.
2 Ability to turn scan vst's off after the first "run". I noticed (when I forget you cannot drag and drop) you can drag a vst onto the interface and it will report already added or it will be added, so I can't see a need to recheck plugins every time M9 loads. I request this to speed up the startup as I get bored watching and waiting for the scanning to finish. And I've been surprised that it is only a little better now I've upgraded the insides of my Pc to a Ryzen 3800X, N2 main drive with 3600 overclocked fast ram, but saying that, projects that crippled M8 and M9 previously are single CPU figures now. :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

heks wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:10 am 1 Having acquired loads and loads of plugins over the years I would like a better selection method rather than scrolling down a long, long list of Fx. For me I'd like drag and drop into the Fx slot on the mixer. But showing developer, or just larger "box" would be better than scrolling over and over again down a long list.
2 Ability to turn scan vst's off after the first "run". I noticed (when I forget you cannot drag and drop) you can drag a vst onto the interface and it will report already added or it will be added, so I can't see a need to recheck plugins every time M9 loads. I request this to speed up the startup as I get bored watching and waiting for the scanning to finish. And I've been surprised that it is only a little better now I've upgraded the insides of my Pc to a Ryzen 3800X, N2 main drive with 3600 overclocked fast ram, but saying that, projects that crippled M8 and M9 previously are single CPU figures now. :D
1. Have you tried the searching? You can type any small portion of a plugin's name to find it.
2. If we did that, then it would take a long time to load plugins when you used them in the project, and that might impede workflow.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Just curious, would this be for 9.1 or 10?
heks

Post by heks »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:43 am

1. Have you tried the searching? You can type any small portion of a plugin's name to find it.
2. If we did that, then it would take a long time to load plugins when you used them in the project, and that might impede workflow.
1 Thanks I will try that. :D
2 Mulab has a really fast start because it does not scan at startup. The Mulab user can rescan their plugin folder anytime they want and as Mixlab does it adds any new plugins that are dragged onto the interface. I use that facility in Mixcraft to "drag to add" selected 32bit plugins that have not been made 64bit or don't have an equivalent and Mixcraft is not directed to or scanning my 32bit vst folder. I had this thought after rebuilding this Pc, I was amazed how fast Mixlab 9 started the very first time before I directed it to the vst folder. Literally blink and you missed it, (I did it a few times just for the novelty of it) now its over 2 minutes to start once its scanned the vst folder.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

heks wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:10 am 1 Having acquired loads and loads of plugins over the years I would like a better selection method rather than scrolling down a long, long list of Fx. For me I'd like drag and drop into the Fx slot on the mixer. But showing developer, or just larger "box" would be better than scrolling over and over again down a long list.
How about using favorites? Oh, I guess that wouldn't work if you have tons of them. Never mind. :oops: