What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

carllackey

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by carllackey »

per clip editing being able to slip a part of audio and add an effect to it without using automation. an update to the entire gui. a native drum machine.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Number 2 :D
Please put the keyboard symbol on the small view so that I can right-click it to edit sounds, because otherwise I have no idea what is going on. Thanks :)
2. Edit sounds _.jpg
2. Edit sounds _.jpg (61.04 KiB) Viewed 18934 times
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
comedians

Post by comedians »

I just want something very simple - a right click in the plugin manager to show the location or open location of the file.

Easily pleased
DocChris

Post by DocChris »

Hi, all!
Here's mine:
1.The setting options of the mouse function should be put to a drop-down menu (right click), in order to be able to set the functions of the mouse (show, write, delete) faster and easier.
2. Undockable transport control
3. More Colors for the clip design

Thanks! :D
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

mixyguy2 wrote:I knew you'd have to give up on that mega-thread sooner or later :wink: And could hardly blame you. I hope this provides you a much more concise, workable package of ideas.

Mine (can I change later?):

Make the transport bar (record, play etc buttons) undockable so I can move it wherever I want. Failing that, at least move it from dead center to a far corner of the screen. But undockable would be much better IMO w/the freedom to move it anywhere (much like the other modals).

When in "musical typing" mode (yes I use that a lot! It's not just handy but necessary when on travel), disable the R button starting a recording. I can't tell you how many times this has happened when I don't want it to and there's no point to/need for it when in that mode. And oddly, it isn't always there, only when I have certain "root" notes (how that 1 octave is positioned).

More options to change default settings, for ex. the master volume or what song auto-loads when I start MC.
I'd like to slightly modify my first and last one:

First one: I ask that it be both undockable and in a better spot when docked, i.e. at or near one of the 4 corners of the screen.

Last one: I think I should have clarified the second example to be that I even can have it auto-load a song (if that's cheating, then I'll opt for the default master volume and skip that one).
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

3. See image and tell me I'm wrong :lol:
2019-04-17 11_14_27-.png
2019-04-17 11_14_27-.png (533.03 KiB) Viewed 18847 times
Windows 10 Professional
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Ok I gotta sneak another one in, I think others would use this. Add 1/24 to the quantize menu.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

After having worked on a film project or two, I've come to the realization that Mixcraft needs a kick in the pants when it comes to the marker system. The biggest issue I've noticed is that I cannot reliably use Mixcraft's markers to make cues for syncing tempos to a video clip if the perceived tempo of the video changes at all.

Essentially, my #1 is this: Allow Mixcraft markers to either lock to the bar:beat:ticks position (lock to measures) or to lock to the timestamp. If markers could lock to the timestamp instead of tempo, then there wouldn't be any painstaking marker wrangling markers back into sync with the video if the tempo gets changed on one of them (the current system only syncs to bar|beat position, so if I were to place a marker at a spot three minutes and five seconds into a video clip and then change a tempo on a preceding marker, then the most recent marker will no longer be at 3:05.00, but somewhere else entirely).

Secondly, I'd like to see Mixcraft handle plugins a little bit better. While the current plugin management system is a wonderfully huge improvement over no system at all, it would be really helpful to have additional control over the plugin collections, notably sub-categories/sub-collections. It would be fantastic if Mixcraft allowed you to have a custom collection of, say, reverb-only plugins, and then have that custom collection sorted by manufacturer or whatever sub-collection organization system you'd like (e.g. you have a lot of Waves plugins, so you designate those to a collection called Waves Plugins, but then you want to organize that collection into effect types like compressors, reverbs, channel strips, EQs, etc. Or maybe you want to sort your Waves plugins by whether or not the plugin is a mono or stereo plugin, so your Waves collection would be sorted into those two categories).

Finally: multichannel output support. Even if it were something rudimentary, having support for output types other than mono or stereo (LR) would be great: LCR, 4.0, 5.1 Surround, etc. As even many desktop computers ship with OEM motherboards that have surround sound-capable audio controllers (with the necessary 5.1 pin-out, usually L+R/Center+Sub/Ls+Rs on three headphone jack outs), allowing Mixcraft users to work with beyond-stereo output configurations would be an excellent touch.
Ibwestchef

Post by Ibwestchef »

Omni needs work if possible for the Rap production producers

1. Up to 4 drum layers per pad
2. Edible start and end points within the GUI
With mute groups

3. A true sample slicer
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ibwestchef wrote:3. A true sample slicer
Did you know about this feature?

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

:)
Ibwestchef wrote:Omni needs work if possible for the Rap production producers

Edible? Wouldn't that be Fruity Loops? :)
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

jwarv wrote::)
Ibwestchef wrote:Omni needs work if possible for the Rap production producers

Edible? Wouldn't that be Fruity Loops? :)
:lol: class. I only noticed that when scrolling to your response. I missed it the first time. :)
Windows 10 Professional
Rick1111

Post by Rick1111 »

1. Transport window to contain all plugins in one window for each channel with tabs, Reaper style.
2. Improved Omni Sampler with ability to scale the gui size
3. Skins
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Rick1111 wrote:3. Skins
Yeah, I forgot to mention skins. Bring skins and lighters and dope 8)
Windows 10 Professional
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I find the GUI hard to keep lit. So i ditched the lighter for edibles.

No, wait..... What was the subject again? 8)

In all seriousness, it surprises me that with all the possibilities for large functional improvements and expansion..... Cosmetics over utility as a top three? I understand we all have our own uses and styles, but really? :?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page