What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ian Craig

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by Ian Craig »

Mark Bliss wrote:In all seriousness, it surprises me that with all the possibilities for large functional improvements and expansion..... Cosmetics over utility as a top three? I understand we all have our own uses and styles, but really? :?
I can only speak for myself (as I'm not sure what you are reeffering to Mark :wink: ) but I think workflow improvements should be key (along with 4.stability :D ) together with the ability to see what you're doing, hence my three :D
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Ok after some thought, I am going to revise my previous post. In part upon consideration for things that are the most overdue IMO:
Mark Bliss wrote: I may change my mind. Have to think on this.
But for now-

1: Expanded routing capabilities. (IE: the ability to route things like a send return to a submix, instead of main bus only.)

2: Editing function overhaul/update for MIDI c.c. parameters, including curves and such. (See previous comments in suggestions thread which mention some specific examples seen in the wild. Yeah seriously!)

3: Integrated channel strip controls to include input gain, sweepable mid range eq freq, compression/gating IE: similar to a pro desk channel strip emulation.

4: Crap. Three huh? 8)
Adding to #1:
I intended to include expanded midi routing in there, not audio only. IE: the often discussed issue of routing/recording midi output from plug to secondary track.

Similary, #2 was intended to include automation lane editing etc.
The bar graph cc# and "connect the dots" arrangements are severely out of date and in need of being "brought into this decade"
Pls. Refer to both Amplitude and the plug-in producer Cable Guys for toolset ideas. as well as Chibears topical input on this. Good stuff.
Mixcraft is way behind and out of date in these areas. Should have been a v7 thing IMO.

In #3 I intended to include the H/P filter, but you know what? After much thought i am going to bump #3 to 4, and instead make #3 the un-dockable transport bar. I dont mind using the many available alternative channel strip plug-ins that emulate an SSL or Neve etc. and I am skeptical it would improve performance to have these features integral to the DAW.
Though it would be mighty convenient. (To be bluntly honest, i would like to open the mixer view and have it be Harrison Mixbus or such)

While i have long since found work-arounds, the task bar issue was one of the first things i wished for back in MX v4.5 and v5. And should have been implemented long ago. So I push it up to #3 on my list.

So thats still 4. Sorry.
Now about #5...... 8)
(Out of respect for the intent of this thread I'll keep that discussion in the suggestions thread.... :D )
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Mark Bliss wrote:I find the GUI hard to keep lit. So i ditched the lighter for edibles.

No, wait..... What was the subject again? 8)

In all seriousness, it surprises me that with all the possibilities for large functional improvements and expansion..... Cosmetics over utility as a top three? I understand we all have our own uses and styles, but really? :?
I think it only demonstrates how satisfying the daw already is if that's all many are asking for.
gerhost

Post by gerhost »

Hello, I'm very happy with Mixcraft 8 pro Studio.

I would like Mixcraft 9 to have its own custom export function for Midifile in format 0 + 1

Greetings Gerry
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Here ya go.

1. A "Clip Gain" plug-in similar to the one seen here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9VEK3LcDZg

2. Keep it easy to use - that's always been one of Acoustica's selling points.

3. Dockable transport.
No matter where you go, there you are.

rpagala

Post by rpagala »

1. More bands on built in eq, shelf, hp, lp, parametric...and have one of the function (f2) key open up eq, like in Reason.

2. Have a built in compressor on each channel.

3. PDC

I just purchased Mixcraft 8 pro, coming from Logic and Reason. I think the summing engine sounds good and not harsh imho...a little buggier though..
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Trim.

Musescore Integration/better score control.

Ability to view and work on multiple instances of everything.

Trim.
Mattox

Post by Mattox »

1. Advanced control surface support - ie a way to map controllers like the launchpad pro - possibly even a scripting language - or someway for us to make use of these devices.

2. Routing midi from plugins to tracks - so we can use the Maschine 2 pluging correctly.

3. I'd like to see the performance panel improved - dedicated screen, vertical view like ableton/bigwig - you have made such a great start it would be be good to see it improved.
daveiv

Post by daveiv »

1. Better MIDI editing: I have worked with FL Studio and Studio One. MIDI editing is one of the few areas Mixcraft falls behind. If I ever move off from Mixcraft, MIDI editing will be the reason. The piano roll editor needs a serious rework. MIDI clips in the library would also be awesome.

2. Better song editing: I love how easy to manage tracks and clips in the main section. Some enhancements like better automation management would be great. Performance panel is also game changer.

3. Better plugin and preset management: For example, drag & dropping instruments, effects and their presets from a visual catalog would be great.

:wink:

I already love Mixcraft in its current form, and I think this software deserves more attention.

I discovered it one year after purchasing the basic version, and then upgraded to Pro immediately. I wasn't under the impression that it's a professional software, even though I had it for a year.

I hope you guys modernize the UI, website, other graphics and videos so Mixcraft 9 will attract more customers.
mick

Post by mick »

Daveiv wrote: 1. Better MIDI editing: I have worked with FL Studio and Studio One. MIDI editing is one of the few areas Mixcraft falls behind. If I ever move off from Mixcraft, MIDI editing will be the reason. The piano roll editor needs a serious rework. MIDI clips in the library would also be awesome.
I've been banging the door over midi editing/composing in Mixcraft since Mx6 - as well as the floating transport controls that is now gathering momentum.
I don't use Mixcraft for putting anything together anymore but instead use a 3rd party program whether its a daw or notation program. Everything else with Mixcraft is fine with some features that excel way over the heads of most other daws particularly the included instruments, if you need better just get EWQL or other like other daws require you to do. The other is the fact you can transpose/add additional instruments to the same track, split the keyboard and assign different instruments to each split section, each at a different octave range, velocity and volume. An amazing feature to be sure. AFAIK only the Cubase Halionsonic does this - but its better organised by some degree. Mixcraft is a daw waiting to explode in the midi section but lack of interest from the devs will forever hold Mixcraft back from what it has the potential to do. Sad to say Mixcraft midi sucks in as many ways as it excels in others, but it can be fixed. Midi tracks for multitimbral instruments to replace lanes with the ability to view and edit several tracks at once would be awesome. When a multitimbral instrument is opened Mixcraft assigns 16 outputs automatically, if midi tracks were assigned too (or a choice of inserting midi tracks) it would be a difference maker. I notice over and over that although Mixcraft has a zillion audio clips, not one solitary midi clip is among them, if you need proof that Acoustica have no interest in midi, even though Mixcraft is potentially a midi gem this is it. How sad! :? Anyway, maybe MX 9 will be different?
pbognar

Post by pbognar »

1. A chord track which affects MIDI as well as polyphonic audio (assuming ARA2 support would be a prerequisite )

2. A chord assistant / circle of 5ths advisor

3. A MIDI Step Recorder with automatic and manual advancement and destructive backspace to delete the last set of events added
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

mick wrote: Midi tracks for multitimbral instruments to replace lanes
That's why we added Route To Track.

This allows you to use tracks instead of lanes with multi-timbral instruments.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
pebblebonk

Post by pebblebonk »

1. Seconding the request for pick-up notes on loops.

2. Seconding the request for more skins or the option to create user skins.

3. I just... want the program to stop freezing and crashing so much... 。゜゜(´O`) ゜゜。
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

pebblebonk wrote:3. I just... want the program to stop freezing and crashing so much... 。゜゜(´O`) ゜゜。
Hi,

If you're having freezing and crashing issues, please contact tech. support here: Start A Conversation.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Pthetitan

Post by Pthetitan »

No specific feature requests but I’d like to say:

1. Love the audio editing as is, so whether you expand on it or not is fine with me.
2. Raising the floor on MIDI editing would be nice. I love the included tools but automation could be smoother, workflow wise. Just focusing on improving MIDI editing in general I think would help solidify as the top-tier DAW we all know it is.
3. As always, stability improvements are never a bad thing.