What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jlouvar

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by jlouvar »

Pthetitan wrote:3. As always, stability improvements are never a bad thing.
Hello and welcome to the Mixcraft forum.

Have you been experiencing stability problems, and if so, what kind of stability problems?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
mfkne

Post by mfkne »

1. Clip fx
2. Move mixer faders with mousewheel
3. Modern GUI

4. Duplicate clips with key command
5. Compressor in mixerstrip
MiltonRob

Post by MiltonRob »

Hey guys, long time MC user.. My top 3 requests:

1) Improved I/O, input works fine for me now, but I would love to see each track/Submix have an output option as well instead of having to mess around with Output buses. It would make working with outboard gear so much easier.
2) The ability to drag a bunch of wav files from windows explorer onto a Submix bus and have it create individual tracks for each file underneath that bus.
3) Stability. I know the guys at Acoustica are pretty awesome at helping out, but I've had the weird things that other people do like crashing on Mixdown (if I reopen right away it will let me mixdown after the crash), but MC does seem to be a bit less stable that most DAWs. Perhaps adding an periodic autosave function would help for those moments when you're so into a mix you forget to save regularly...

That's it for me... honestly I've played with a lot of DAWs... Finishing a mix in Studio One as we speak, but every time I try something else I do find myself missing MC... It's a great product guys, keep up the good work :)
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

MiltonRob wrote:3) Stability. I know the guys at Acoustica are pretty awesome at helping out, but I've had the weird things that other people do like crashing on Mixdown
Some plugins don't work properly if the sample rate changes upon mix down.
- Joe -

shayneoneill

Post by shayneoneill »

The two big ones for me (and the reason im primarily using Studio one right now)

1) Midi routing. I absolutely love Jam Origins guitar to midi plugin. It blows the foors off all those crusty guitar synths Ive owned over te years, but theres no neat way to route midi out of a plug in an audio track to a midi track. Its a show stopper.

2) I still get inconsistent results with rendering from EWs play to final mix. Strange things with notes cutting off slicing the ends off the ASDR. I dont know if its EW or Mixcraft at fault here, but it works fine in other daws.

Scripting would be phenomenal too. Guys , LUA is hella easy to integrate (Though python would be the ideal of course)

I really really like Mixcraft. Its the only PC Daw thats given me the same feeling of total control with low to no useage complexity i had with Logic on the mac. Its that good. But those two features are just show stoppers for me, As much as I like studio one, it kind off pisses me off a bit too. I'd prefer to use mixcraft if i could

Oh 5.1/7.1 mixes would be spectacular!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

shayneoneill wrote: 2) I still get inconsistent results with rendering from EWs play to final mix. Strange things with notes cutting off slicing the ends off the ASDR. I dont know if its EW or Mixcraft at fault here, but it works fine in other daws
Try mixing down to a wav file that has the same sample rate as the one you're using in sound device preferences: https://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewto ... =4&t=24566
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Don't B FLat

Post by Don't B FLat »

1. Pitch and Mod automation would be great. That way you could fix any sloppy playing or use it to get crazy results.
2. Updated version of Alpha sampler so that it more closely resembles Simpler in Ableton
SirLanceALot

Post by SirLanceALot »

Can you add an option to link the output track volumes to the Master fader?
If this option already exists I just haven't found it yet.
I'm running a 10ch monitor setup at the moment and need this feature.
Lance
Lance
Mixcraft user since Ver 1 (when it still fit on a floppy disk!)
outteh

Post by outteh »

SirLanceALot wrote:Can you add an option to link the output track volumes to the Master fader?
If this option already exists I just haven't found it yet.
I'm running a 10ch monitor setup at the moment and need this feature.
Lance
Have you read up on setting up output buss tracks. This might be what you are looking for! :D
SirLanceALot

Post by SirLanceALot »

Tom,
Thanks for the reply. I did a quick scan thru the Mixcraft manual and didn’t find what I was looking for. I do already have output tracks setup, and assigned to 10 separate outputs on my interface. All that works great. I just need a master fader for all the output tracks.
La
PS Why am I running 10output channels? There’s no comparison of a symphonic mix thru just left & right ch’s, and thru a 10 channels setup in a room.
Lance
Mixcraft user since Ver 1 (when it still fit on a floppy disk!)
RobAsticles

Post by RobAsticles »

My requests would be:

1) Additional Routing possibilities (like "Metaplugin" vst)
2) Internal Arpeggiator (moo AND polyphonic)
3) The possibility to send Midi-Events (like Bank Change, Proramm Change, and CC) to a vst plugin.
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

It would be awesome if the dev team could put together drum groove midi clips. Various styles with intros, variations, fills, endings. It would be great to have something like that for the Acoustica kits.
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

squeakie wrote:It would be awesome if the dev team could put together drum groove midi clips. Various styles with intros, variations, fills, endings. It would be great to have something like that for the Acoustica kits.
I also like the Acoustica drums, so I’ve been using them with the pads on my Akai MPK249... It would be awesome if the Acoustica drums kits where loadable into EZDrummer 2. :D
- Joe -

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Well...
You could easily use the midi in EZD to trigger the drum samples in Mixcraft if you wish.
And you could easily collect up some free (and/or inexpensive) drum midi of whatever style you might wish from one of many, many internet sources, place them in a Windows folder organized any which way you please and keep them handy for dropping into an instrument track assigned to whatever drum set (or sets) that make yer foot tap.... 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

The problem with that is it often requires some serious tweaking to get them to sound good. Grooves from 3rd party VST’s are programmed to utilize the preset kits for that software. I’ve copied the midi data from MT PowerKit 2’s preset grooves onto tracks using MixCraft kits, and it was a lot of work getting the velocity levels balanced with MC’s preset kits.
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,