What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cactus-head

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by cactus-head »

Didn't go through the whole thread so these might be duplicates:

Ability to play and stop from one marker to another without having to loop a section - and/or the ability to "play to marker" where mixcraft would stop once reaching that marker

Ability to import track setup from an existing project. Not Load a template but to import the effects and track setup from an existing project into one currently being worked on.

A button to take all tracks out of Solo mode at once.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

cactus-head wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:26 pm A button to take all tracks out of Solo mode at once.
Hold down the Ctrl key and click on a Solo button, then click again.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Yes! That's like getting an itch scratched on my back I couldn't reach
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

It works with Mute as well.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Since that exists, then my third feature request would be for Mixcraft to be able to Sync to external sources for recording and playback. Right now Mixcraft seems to only have a "master source" capability where it will send MIDI clock information. There doesn't seem to be a recording or playback mode where it receives or follows an external clock via MTC, SMPTE or whatever else as a slave.
MikaB

Post by MikaB »

pbognar wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:10 am I hope everyone was able to take part in the Mixcraft 10 feature request survey.
Nope, but in case anyone out there is listening, just a couple:

1. A lock that really locks out ALL changes. Currently, locking a track does not prevent you making warp or Melodyne changes, for example.
2. Related to this, a read-only browse mode, where I can scroll through tracks and no changes can be made. I often just want to scroll about and I am paranoid about accidentally catching a track and shifting it a tiny amount without noticing.

Maybe I've missed something, maybe this is already possible, I do tend to discover Mixcraft functionality far too late because I do not RTFM enough.

Thx,

Mika.
Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Irrtum.
WeirdSounds

Post by WeirdSounds »

All right, so I’ve started doing mixes for people and what I would really like is a dockable/freefloat pop window for the mix settings. It may already exist but I haven’t found it yet. Basically, instead of saving a project as a new file name for different mix settings, use the same project and save Your mixer settings up to 10 or 12 (or infinite), that way you can hear and compare certain mixes with the push of a button instead of reloading an entire file.

I’ll revisit and add more later
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

WeirdSounds wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:48 am All right, so I’ve started doing mixes for people and what I would really like is a dockable/freefloat pop window for the mix settings. It may already exist but I haven’t found it yet. Basically, instead of saving a project as a new file name for different mix settings, use the same project and save Your mixer settings up to 10 or 12 (or infinite), that way you can hear and compare certain mixes with the push of a button instead of reloading an entire file.

I’ll revisit and add more later
1. Click on the three little lines on the Mixer tab and drag to undock the mixer.

Undocking the mixer in Mixcraft 9.
Undocking the mixer in Mixcraft 9.
undockmixermx9.png (19.59 KiB) Viewed 15931 times

2. You can create a template. Set up a project just the way you want it, then click on the File menu, select Save As... and change the File Type setting to Mixcraft template. This will create an empty project file with all your settings.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

If I read the previous posters request correctly, I think it's about saving multiple mixer settings in one project so you can just click on a saved reference (maybe a drop down that says Mix 1, Mix 2, Mix 3 etc.) and the mixer settings would slide into place for the current project. For example maybe you have 2 guitars on the left and the right and you have each panned 100% in one mix and 75% in another. Plus you have the vocals way up or down with the mixer compression on and a mix without the compression. You want to be able to click on a button and have the mix jump to any of these settings without having to redial in each specific level for each track. You want a saved mix you can switch to on the fly within the project. These mixer settings would be saved within the project.

The whole process might look like

1. Move the mixer sliders, levers and dials
2. Commit the current mixer setting to a Mixer Slot (Mix 1)
3. Move the mixer sliders, levers and dials
4. Commit the current mixer setting to another mixer slot (Mix 2)
5. Same process as above for additional mix trials
6. Listen to your Mix
7. Click on a button that recalls a previously committed mix setting
8. Listen to your Mix
9. Click on a button that recalls a different previously committed mix setting