What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

freightgod wrote:In 9, will we finally be able to view both time AND beats simultaneously? I could never understand why this is was a toggled choice.
Not in 9.0.

Has anybody requested this before?
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
freightgod wrote:In 9, will we finally be able to view both time AND beats simultaneously? I could never understand why this is was a toggled choice.
Not in 9.0.

Has anybody requested this before?
Gosh, I thought I had made a post about this once with screenshots and all, but I can't find it. I never made a feature request, and I have NEVER heard anyone else talk about it, but I don't understand why these two pieces of info can't be displayed at the same time, all the time. I mean, if there's room on the screen for a BEATS/TIME button, there is obviously room available.

I actually think it's odd nobody has mentioned this before.
SethSkoda

Post by SethSkoda »

Hi there. I got an account just so I could poast here. I think it's great to let people request features for the next release.
Anyway, here are mine:
1) pre-packaged/built-in 808 Bass plugin; I'm currently using samples, and I'm not fond of the idea of paying $60+ for just one plugin. Automatic sidechaining (via Sidekick6) is included in 8 Pro Studio (and I use it. a lot). Make a hip-hop artist's dream come true with an 808 bass plugin also included in 9 Pro Studio!
2) Okay, in Mixcraft 7 and below, MIDI editing was different than it is in 8. In 7 or below, if you threw a MIDI note over top of another in the piano roll, the old note (or the part of it that is covered) was automatically deleted. In 8, the old note is not deleted until the note thrown over it is no longer highlighted. I say bring back the old way while keeping the new way intact by making this an option in Preferences. This is something that should have been done in 8.
3) I would also like to see something similar to FL Slayer. Right now, I rewire to FL Studio to use Slayer.
By the way, that rewire feature is awesome. I find it so useful when I need something from FL Studio in Mixcraft. I find FL Studio to be a total flustercuck in terms of workflow, having to look up how to do something every 5 minutes (hence why I ended up with Mixcraft), but by god it has some nice built-in plugins.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tranceprod Dan

Post by Tranceprod Dan »

SethSkoda wrote: 2) Okay, in Mixcraft 7 and below, MIDI editing was different than it is in 8. In 7 or below, if you threw a MIDI note over top of another in the piano roll, the old note (or the part of it that is covered) was automatically deleted. In 8, the old note is not deleted until the note thrown over it is no longer highlighted. I say bring back the old way while keeping the new way intact by making this an option in Preferences. This is something that should have been done in 8.
This is the number one reason I still use mixcraft 7 despite owning 8 recording studio and pro studio. I probably will buy 9 too but god I really wish they would add a toggle to have the old midi clobbering.

Also the tabs can't be scrunched down nearly as far in mixcraft 8.

These seem like small issues but they keep me from using the newer versions.
Check out the Mixcraft subreddit
Jatin Thakur

Post by Jatin Thakur »

Please add a glide/slide feature in alpha sampler for 808s as there is no such feature in mixcraft and that would be really helpful!
Jatin Thakur

Post by Jatin Thakur »

Please check my posts too as there are few features which hip hop producers want in mixcraft 9!
Acronyc

Post by Acronyc »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
Acronyc wrote:2. Advanced editing features for midi & other options like in Logic X & other advanced DAWs.

3. Improved stability, smoothness & all the bugs in Mixcraft 8 to be fixed.
What sort of advanced features. Mixcraft 9 does have some new advanced features.

Is there a Mixcraft 8 bug that you're concerned about?
I wanted advanced integration support for Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol keyboard. But after running mixcraft 9 beta its seems like it doesnt have one. My projects uses lots of plugins & 3rt party vsts & mixcraft makes a sudden sharp noise blasting my headphones whenever i load that kind of project & then loads or crashes or stops responding. (My system specs include, 8GB ram, intel i7 7th gen, & i dont run not even a single thing in the background when running mixcraft). My mixcraft is unable to handle my type of projects with many plugins & 3rd party vst.
Last edited by Acronyc on Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Acronyc wrote:My system specs include, 8GB ram, intel i7 7th gen, & i dont run not even a single thing in the background when running mixcraft). My mixcraft is unable to handle my type of projects with many plugins & 3rd party vst.
8gb ram won't handle multiple instances of vst/i and vst at the same time. I have 12gb and it chokes up with more than 2 or 3 vsti with vst.

You'll need more ram or freeze some tracks.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

A major factor is the sound device. Not having a low-latency audio interface is a big disadvantage. Having the latency set too low can cause problems like this.

For help with the noise problem, wait until it happens again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Acronyc

Post by Acronyc »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

A major factor is the sound device. Not having a low-latency audio interface is a big disadvantage. Having the latency set too low can cause problems like this.

For help with the noise problem, wait until it happens again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Thank you so much for your reply & suggestions. I have scarlett focusrite 3rd gen solo audio interface. To be honest i am not much of a technical guy. When i make music, i just make music excluding anything else. Next time my project suffers that noise issue ill surely submit you the log file. If you can provide a resolution to that, that would be much appreciated. Since i am a one man band & i dont know to play any instrument & but i do have a midi controller, my music heavily relies on 3rd party vsts.
Maybe i require more ram as the person above said. I mainly use my laptop just for audio production & its all just music stuff & not a even a single thing runs when using the daw. I'll try to scrutinize more into technically next time than blaming the daw. Since mixcraft is the first & only daw i have ever purchased & mostly worked with.

Many major daws work in advanced integration with Komplete Kontrol keyboard. If mixcraft does that, that might have increased my work flow.
Last edited by Acronyc on Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acronyc

Post by Acronyc »

Rolling Estonian wrote:
Acronyc wrote:My system specs include, 8GB ram, intel i7 7th gen, & i dont run not even a single thing in the background when running mixcraft). My mixcraft is unable to handle my type of projects with many plugins & 3rd party vst.
8gb ram won't handle multiple instances of vst/i and vst at the same time. I have 12gb and it chokes up with more than 2 or 3 vsti with vst.

You'll need more ram or freeze some tracks.

M
Thank you for your suggestions !!!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Since you have a Focusrite, be sure you're using ASIO in sound device preferences.

Greg
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

I downloaded and installed Mixcraft 9.0 Pro Studio (build 436) this morning and so far I love it, thank you. :D

My number one request for Mixcraft 9.x Pro is:
The ability to quickly save, recall and store several different mixes of a recording project BEFORE committing to mixing down to MP3, Wave, etc files. For example like "snapshot" that lets you try different mixes, FX, EQ, or any mixer setting or track parameters before you decide which one to mixdown. You can click on any of 8 snapshots for instant A-B comparison. You can save the raw project before mixdown and come back and start again should you have second thoughts.

Thanks
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

jlouvar wrote:I downloaded and installed Mixcraft 9.0 Pro Studio (build 436) this morning and so far I love it, thank you. :D

The ability to quickly save, recall and store several different mixes of a recording project BEFORE committing to mixing down to MP3, Wave, etc files. For example like "snapshot" that lets you try different mixes, FX, EQ, or any mixer setting or track parameters before you decide which one to mixdown. You can click on any of 8 snapshots for instant A-B comparison. You can save the raw project before mixdown and come back and start again should you have second thoughts.

Thanks
What the...?
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

jwarv wrote:
jlouvar wrote:I downloaded and installed Mixcraft 9.0 Pro Studio (build 436) this morning and so far I love it, thank you. :D

Thanks
What the...?
lol, yeah... you know... no... really? :?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar