What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mark Bliss

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yeah..... No.... Not really. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Mark Bliss wrote:Yeah..... No.... Not really. 8)
Mick on page 92 of this thread explains it best: https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic. ... ot#p126243
Attachments
9CE9C0B1-0853-414B-9356-C4B40F42F807.png
9CE9C0B1-0853-414B-9356-C4B40F42F807.png (500.32 KiB) Viewed 11419 times
Last edited by jlouvar on Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hey Greetings,

Did they improve VST3 handling in version 9? Lots of VST3s have cut off GUIs. A software vendor (forget the name) had a list of DAWs that did not properly adhere (in their opinion) to the VST3 standard and Mixcraft was on the list :o Maybe this is the reason. :?:

Among other things, VST3s can use less CPU which is useful for anybody, but especially for older PCs like mine.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, Mixcraft 9 has new VST3-handling code. So, if you had a problem with a particular plugin previously, try it again. That said, some plugins are buggy (especially free ones), and there's not much we can do about those.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acronyc

Post by Acronyc »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Since you have a Focusrite, be sure you're using ASIO in sound device preferences.

Greg
Yes sir i use ASIO in sound device preferences (& usually keep the buffer size on a middle ground). By the way can you confirm if Mixcraft 9 can get support for advanced integration with Komplete Kontrol keyboard as a future update?

Thank You
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass it along.

If you are still experiencing playback issues, be sure to contact support at Acoustica.com.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acronyc

Post by Acronyc »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass it along.

If you are still experiencing playback issues, be sure to contact support at Acoustica.com.

Greg
Thank you !! Few questions about Mixcraft 9

if there are any improvements in overall cpu consumption, vst3 handling & overall stability (rock solidness)?

Just downloaded mixcraft 9 one day back. Even though i hav'nt explored it fully but i feel like some of the features are coming late to mixcraft that many daws already have. I have been recently attracted to some daws (trial version of a one, got lite versions of other two with the equipment i bought) when it comes to overall features, options, cpu consumption & intuitiveness but they cost way higher & i feel like mixcraft is highly successful to be able to justify its overall pricepoint (like how easy it is to work with mixcraft environment without much complexity makes it very unique & easy to work with). When it comes to features many complex features can go unused in a lifetime (it depends on what features really matter to you & what feature acts as an extra sense to your creativity & overall workflow). Even though i know every daw is unique & every team tries their best. I'll try to get more familiar with the technicality of the daws & will try to suggest in future what features can work even more better for mixcraft. I am new to mixcraft forums & i feel like your team is highly responsive when it comes to addressing issues.

All the best for future updates !!
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Oh man, am I late to the party! I didn't realize #9 was released. I thought you guys were talking about some beta version. This is a lot sooner than a year. So I didn't even bother looking at the home page.

And now I'm off to the races...
DjinnMansoor

Post by DjinnMansoor »

Will it be possible in the future to sort our VST plugins by manufacturer?
It is super tedious to manually create category tags for each manufacturer every time I acquire new plugins, instead of the manufacturer being a searchable key word.
SethSkoda

Post by SethSkoda »

Tranceprod Dan wrote:
This is the number one reason I still use mixcraft 7 despite owning 8 recording studio and pro studio. I probably will buy 9 too but god I really wish they would add a toggle to have the old midi clobbering.

Also the tabs can't be scrunched down nearly as far in mixcraft 8.

These seem like small issues but they keep me from using the newer versions.
Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way.
I will say that I use 8 Pro Studio because of sidechain being included. TBH it seems a bit buggy still. It seems to not like it when I want to close the window. That and the fact that Nightlife (an Acoustica plugin) will often crash 8 (doesn't crash 7).
Hell, I still use version 4 for certain things that later builds have a problem with. VOPM is one of those things.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

The jury's still out but I'm not having any freeze ups, not responding or crashes with 9 yet.

Aaaaand just for kicks, I had chrome open with my backup software doing it's thing while running MC9 and the CPU wasn't peaking out like it used to. Sure it was approaching high numbers but not %100 like it had been know to.

So, whatever you guys did, kudos to you.
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

I'd like to see a toggle in the uninstall routine allowing the option to remove ALL preferences/reg settings/folders created by the installation routine.

I realize not everyone needs this on every re-install, but it sure is a pain in the asterisk doing this manually, and I'm thinking this shouldn't be very difficult. But I'm probably wrong :o
ThoseFromHeaven

Post by ThoseFromHeaven »

Hello!

I have a Native Instrument Komplete S88 MK2 MIDI Keyboard, it would be amazing to take advantage of all the bottoms on the keyboard as a control surface! Will save me loads of time and make production a lot better!
Check out my music:
https://linktr.ee/ThoseFromHeaven

Richard :)
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

ThoseFromHeaven wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:39 am Hello!

I have a Native Instrument Komplete S88 MK2 MIDI Keyboard, it would be amazing to take advantage of all the bottoms on the keyboard as a control surface! Will save me loads of time and make production a lot better!
Hello and welcome to the Mixcraft forum.

I used MIDI Learn (see Manual) to program the buttons and faders on my Akai MPK49 to work with Mixcraft.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
mick

Post by mick »

ThoseFromHeaven Wrote:-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "MIX" scroll down to "control surfaces" and use the catagory's listed such as transport, modes, user interface, and bank controls and click SAVE when finished. Mixcraft will remember your keyboard and settings.

Not sure if this is an issue or not but I would expect my keyboard "nektar LX 61 to show in the "surfaces" window, I need to investigate.
m control.PNG
m control.PNG (29.2 KiB) Viewed 11036 times