Mixed down audio file doesn’t sound right

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

misledyouth

Mixed down audio file doesn’t sound right

Post by misledyouth »

Hey Greg,

so im experiencing this problem right now. My mixdown to WAV is just way quiet. Here is the weird part, i mixdown to WAV and play it through windows media player and it sounds way quiet compared to the mix in mixcraft. I drag the file to mixcraft, sounds great.

But, when i put the mixeddown file on my iphone in my music app, its also quiet. which makes me think it is not an issue to with with sound enhancements on my computer as the issue is happening on my apple music as well??
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixed down audio file doesn’t sound right

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which playback device do you have selected in Mixcraft's sound device preferences? Is it different than your default Windows playback device?

In regard to playback on your iPhone, it may sound quiet in comparison to commercially released songs, because most commercially released songs use lots of compression these days.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
misledyouth

Post by misledyouth »

Playback is the focusrite audio interface im using.

And no, it isnt just cause im used to audio quality of commercially released songs. When im playing songs from my project in mixcraft, it sounds perfect. everything sounds like its mixed so well. but then when i mix down to WAV things start sounding either just straight up quiet on some songs, or muddy and quiet on other songs.

I appreciate the response though, hopefully you can help me figure out how to make my mixes sound like they do in mixcraft.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Maybe this sticky thread link will help:

http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=24566
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

1. Check that the Master output volume in Mixcraft is set to 0dB. This will affect the volume of the mixed down file (if necessary, to avoid getting a distorted mixed down track, click on track 1 and holding down the shift key click on the last track, this will select all tracks, then scroll back up and ctrl+click any submix tracks to deselect them. Doing this means you can adjust all tracks volumes together using any of the selected tracks volume sliders, until you do something that deselects all the tracks again - Look at the final output meter at the bottom when adjusting all tracks volumes together so that you can make sure the loudest parts of your project do not go into the red).
2. If doing all this does not fix the issue, then you have a malfunctioning plugin somewhere.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6