Suggestion - Introducing the "Mixies"

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tonymus

Suggestion - Introducing the "Mixies"

Post by tonymus »

I have an idea I want to share with Acoustica and forum users here - Award season is over for 2018, but it's not too early to start thinking about 2019. To that end, I suggest Acoustica embrace the idea of "The Mixies" (please feel free to change the name). It would be an awards ceremony where Mixcraft users could nominate their songs in various categories such as "Best Rock Song", "Best Acoustic Song", "Best Hip-Hop", etc. There should be no more than 7 or 8 songs nominated in any category, so an award committee would have to be formed to minnow down the entries. The nominated songs would then be voted on by the forum members, and the winners announced via an event streamed over Twitch or Mixer.

There would be no monetary value attributed to the awards, submissions would be Mixcraft-only creations, and non-professional musicians should be given their own categories (and chances) to win. With the right promotion, Acoustica would get a bunch of free advertising, and the total cost of this would be minimal. The biggest problem I see is "rigging the votes", but there should be smart people around to see that doesn't occur.

I obviously haven't thought this completely through, so I'd like to know what forum members here think about this...
jlouvar

Re: Suggestion - Introducing the "Mixies"

Post by jlouvar »

Hmm, it’s success would depend on the talent, otherwise the publicity could backfire on Acoustica.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

jlouvar has a good point there. Mixcraft is proper music software (unlike things like Magix Music Maker [for example] and) as things like both video & Melodyne integration demonstrate) and they don't really want gimmicky nonsense to make people think otherwise.
As for myself, it's not something I am even slightly interested in (to put it politely, because I don't think my opinion matters i.e. if others want it, they should have it).
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Morning,

Can’t help but wonder if the loss of angry non-winning users would offset the number of new users through such a promotion.

-N
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

You could start your own users contest on the Users Showcase forum.

https://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=10
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar