Merging clips pitches down plugins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Don't B FLat

Merging clips pitches down plugins

Post by Don't B FLat »

I have been having a really weird problem recently. I own AIR Music's Mini Grand, and recently, when I try to merge midi clips together, even if the clips are on a totally different track, the plugin tunes itself down. In order to fix it, I have to reload the plugin until I merge another clip. It's kind of annoying, since I use this plugin all the time. I've never had any problem with it before until recently. It also doesn't occur every time I try to merge midi clips. Any thoughts?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Merging clips pitches down plugins

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft v8.1 build 418?

What do you mean when you say that the plugin tunes itself down?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

I'm surprised Greg didn't start off with the usual "Make sure to mixdown to the same sample rate that was used during recording" as I think that more closely addresses this issue than it does on any of the posts where that is his comment. Anyway, I suggest you check the bottom of the interface before each mixdown to see what sample rate is being used by Mixcraft as audio interfaces will sometimes default to different settings than you are used to using. (For example, I have a problem whenever I record the computer screen output using Videomeld as it will only record the sound if I set mixcraft to use 'Core Audio' as the sound sub-system, even though I usually use the same audio output device in 'ASIO' mode. If I forget to reset the sound device to use ASIO mode after I've recorded the screen I have problems occurring. So my point is check the sound sub-system etc to make sure that the right sub-system [listed in Preferences, Sound Device] is being used by Mixcraft and the sample rate etc is the one you were it expecting it to be).
Note - it would be helpful if 'Core Audio','ASIO' & 'Wave' were listed by Mixcraft as 'Sound Sub-Systems' as this would reduce confusion in the mind of the user who believe that the Sound System is the name of their Audio Interface device
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Don't B FLat

Post by Don't B FLat »

I am using Mixcraft v8.1 build 418. I want to make a note that this issue is taking place while I'm in the DAW, not after mixing down. Recently, after merging a clip together, a few of my plugins dropped a few semitones in pitch. When I restart the project or reload the plugins, everything returns back to normal.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Does this happen in a new project with that plugin? Does it happen with any MIDI clips?

Please send us a small example project that illustrates the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101