Trouble with MC4

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

teljax

Trouble with MC4

Post by teljax »

After installing ezdrummer, I get the "unable to locate component" window when I start MC4. It reads, "this application has failed to start because MSVCR90.dll was not found" MC4 starts normally after hitting the OK button and I havent noticed any problems except I cant see the notes from ezdrummer in MC4 piano roll. Should I reinstall MC4?
Thanks
teljax

Post by teljax »

Uh oh, I tried reinstalling MC4, still the same window pops up.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's probably a plugin (maybe EZDrummer?) that's displaying that error. Look at the error message screen and see if there's a clue indicating which plugin is complaining. What version and build of Mixcraft are you running?

Greg
teljax

Post by teljax »

Im pretty sure it has something to do with ezdrummer because it never did this before installing it. Im running MC4 build 89..everything else seems to be ok so I wont sweat it. thanks greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

EZDrummer is working fine for three or four other people on this user forum using Mixcraft 4.1 build 89, so that's not the problem.

Try installing EZDrummer again. Go to their download page and make sure you've got the latest updates.

You can also try searching your computer for that missing file to make sure there is a copy of it in your \Windows\System32 folder.

Greg
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

dll problems can be a huge pain. This one seems to be a not-uncommon problem. I found this page. Looks very safe but USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

http://dll-repair-tools.com/ppc/index.p ... xwodBW8Z-g

Hope this helps.

Vibrant Audio
teljax

Post by teljax »

THANKS EVERYBODY!