midi writing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

zzgani

midi writing

Post by zzgani »

Back into mixcraft after a gap.. bought 8 pro studio today.. pretty excited..need to tryout a few things this weekend.
Have a couple of queries ,
Does Mixcraft 8 support midi writing to the extent how reaper does?
Also my maschine mikro is collecting dust. is there a cool way I can use it with mixcraft.. I hate machine s/w and it restricts flow while composing an idea..
jlouvar

Re: midi writing

Post by jlouvar »

zzgani wrote:Back into mixcraft after a gap.. bought 8 pro studio today.. pretty excited..need to tryout a few things this weekend.
Also my maschine mikro is collecting dust. is there a cool way I can use it with mixcraft.. I hate machine s/w and it restricts flow while composing an idea..
Out of curiosity, if MIDI was working well for you with Reaper... Why not just continue using Reaper?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Don't know what you mean by "MIDI writing"
Need to clarify your question.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
zzgani

Post by zzgani »

jlouvar wrote:
zzgani wrote:Back into mixcraft after a gap.. bought 8 pro studio today.. pretty excited..need to tryout a few things this weekend.
Out of curiosity, if MIDI was working well for you with Reaper... Why not just continue using Reaper?
Simplicity of Mixcraft worklflow. Also I came back to Mixcraft as version 8 has some features like melodyne , new audio engine?( yet to chk) mastering integrated and has performance panel which i guess mimics Ableton live..
All in one is too good to resist.
zzgani

Post by zzgani »

Mark Bliss wrote:Don't know what you mean by "MIDI writing"
Pls check out this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tmm7jGfUII&t=454s
working with multiple midi items. it's great for melody and chords composing with multiple virtual instruments quickly without keyboard
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

zzgani wrote:Simplicity of Mixcraft worklflow. Also I came back to Mixcraft as version 8 has some features like melodyne , new audio engine?( yet to chk) mastering integrated and has performance panel which i guess mimics Ableton live..
All in one is too good to resist.
Thank you for replying and welcome back to Mixcraft. I upgraded from MX6 to MX8 Pro and love MX8P. Anyway, have fun and I wish you the best.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

zzgani wrote:
working with multiple midi items. it's great for melody and chords composing with multiple virtual instruments quickly without keyboard
Well you can click on hundreds of things and not clearly describe any of what you are doing like he did..... :lol:
Generally, for the most part no. Mixcraft isnt Reaper. If I felt a need for those features I would use a DAW that had them. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
zzgani

Post by zzgani »

Mark Bliss wrote:
zzgani wrote:
Well you can click on hundreds of things and not clearly describe any of what you are doing like he did..... :lol:
Generally, for the most part no. Mixcraft isnt Reaper. If I felt a need for those features I would use a DAW that had them. 8)
Ok, anythoughts on integrating maschine mikro with mixcraft workflow without using maschine s/w.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Whats Maschine Mikro? Some kind of control surface right? Native Instruments IIRC.
What do you want it to do?

*Full disclosure, I have a Launchpad MIDI controller, but it doesnt really fit in with anything I do and it too is collecting dust. Its just not my thing I guess. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page