Melodyne Standalone?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

guitbuddy

Melodyne Standalone?

Post by guitbuddy »

Hello,

I find melodyne hard to work with in the reduced size GUI panel. Is it possible to purchase
Melodyne Standalone, { full screen? } and have it work seamlessly with mixcraft, and the on board melodyne.

thanks
Tana Edwards

Re: Melodyne Standalone?

Post by Tana Edwards »

Works great with second monitor!
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yep. The sound tab is un-dockable and resizeable. So it can be used full screen if desired, or as Tana pointed out- on a second monitor. :wink:

But to answer the other part of the question-
I believe the stand alone version is included with the download/install. It would not integrate directly with the DAW the way the ARA version does however.
Beyond that, I dont know. Never used it.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

Thanks guys,

I didn't even realize the bottom was undockable. Thais a good start, except now the
melodyne notes are very tiny at the bottom and I don't see how to enlarge them?

I recently saw a tutorial where the DAW user didn't have onboard melodyne, just the
standalone. It was a far superior workflow to what I've been doing in that tiny box. But the files needed to be converted each way,- I can't remember the details.

I've had two monitors in the past, but don't think its feasible on my laptop current. So may
have to keep juggling windows- - annoying, yes.

[I hate windows 10, so am loathe to upgrade, but wonder what gaming w10 laptop could have a second monitor?]
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Pretty much all current laptops have HDMI, gaming laptops will usually have at least 2 video outs, HDMI and usually mini display port.

M
grumpysnake

Post by grumpysnake »

guitbuddy,
I think you can use Melodyne Standalone within Mixcraft by applying it as an FX on the track then using the "transfer" button within melodyne to move the audio across? Never done it that way as I use melodyne integrated into the details window but that is how I have done it previously with Studio One and Logic Pro X.

GrumpySnake 8)
melodyne.JPG
melodyne.JPG (62.68 KiB) Viewed 3068 times
Windows 10 Pro x64, AMD FX8350
OSX 10.14.3, Intel i5
MX7, MX8, Waves Mercury Bundle, Melodyne Assistant
Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12
Behringer X-Touch
Yamaha MOTIF-RACK
M-Audio MTrack Eight
M-AUDIO BX5 D2
Adam Audio T5V
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

You can also zoom in and out of your entire desired work area in Melodyne, both vertically and horizontally. As well as selecting a specific horizontal range, and zoom in and out on just that range.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

grumpysnake wrote:guitbuddy,
I think you can use Melodyne Standalone within Mixcraft by applying it as an FX on the track then using the "transfer" button within melodyne to move the audio across? Never done it that way as I use melodyne integrated into the details window but that is how I have done it previously with Studio One and Logic Pro X.

GrumpySnake 8)
melodyne.JPG
Thanks GrumpySnake,

Yes, Im trying it now. But I don't see any notes in this big panel. Obviously, my settings are wrong, or not workin. Not sure what transfer is supposed to do? Does that move it to an OPEN standalone version?

thanks
guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

Mark Bliss wrote:You can also zoom in and out of your entire desired work area in Melodyne, both vertically and horizontally. As well as selecting a specific horizontal range, and zoom in and out on just that range.
Ok , I see that now in the small window version.

thanks, Mark Bliss
guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

Rolling Estonian wrote:Pretty much all current laptops have HDMI, gaming laptops will usually have at least 2 video outs, HDMI and usually mini display port.

M
I loathe w10. I was recently looking at some AMD series -laptops- {sold new} , where you can still put w7 on it. Forget the name.
grumpysnake

Post by grumpysnake »

guitbuddy wrote:
grumpysnake wrote:guitbuddy,

GrumpySnake 8)
melodyne.JPG
Thanks GrumpySnake,

Yes, Im trying it now. But I don't see any notes in this big panel. Obviously, my settings are wrong, or not workin. Not sure what transfer is supposed to do? Does that move it to an OPEN standalone version?

thanks
hi guitbuddy,
you have to play the track using the transport play button until the end of the song, then it should put the notes into the panel. Effectivley the transfer button is moving the audio into Melodyne to create it into notes.

GrumpySnake
Windows 10 Pro x64, AMD FX8350
OSX 10.14.3, Intel i5
MX7, MX8, Waves Mercury Bundle, Melodyne Assistant
Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12
Behringer X-Touch
Yamaha MOTIF-RACK
M-Audio MTrack Eight
M-AUDIO BX5 D2
Adam Audio T5V
guitbuddy