Philharmonik 2-CE crashing MixCraft-8 Pro!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

squeakie

Philharmonik 2-CE crashing MixCraft-8 Pro!

Post by squeakie »

IK Philharmonik 2-CE is crashing MC-8. First crash was result of nothing more than clicking on the settings icon in Philharmonik.., got a fatal error crash from that. Second crash was after a successful recording on track one, and after adding a second instance of Philharmonik on track two, MC crashed and pop up message with something about an error, so Philharmonik was being muted, or something similar to that.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Acoustica Greg

Re: Philharmonik 2-CE crashing MixCraft-8 Pro!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If it happens even after restarting your computer, get it to happen one more time, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Log File sent, thanks!

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

Hi

I had the same issue and submitted a support e-mail to Acoustica. They were able to re-create the crash with Philharmonik at their end. The response at the time (Feb 2019) was that this would be provided to the Mixcraft developers and to IK if needed, I suspect it should be fixed next update to Mixcraft 8, (or Mixcraft 9 !)

Seems to be related to an update on the IK side.

My issue is only related to trying to adjust the settings by clicking the setting icon. This crashes Mixcraft completely and immediately. As a workaround I have been able to adjust the settings opening Philharmonik as a stand alone app, then opening it in Mixcraft. It has been relatively stable since.
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Northfield.Lenox wrote:Hi

I had the same issue and submitted a support e-mail to Acoustica. They were able to re-create the crash with Philharmonik at their end. The response at the time (Feb 2019) was that this would be provided to the Mixcraft developers and to IK if needed, I suspect it should be fixed next update to Mixcraft 8, (or Mixcraft 9 !)

Seems to be related to an update on the IK side.

My issue is only related to trying to adjust the settings by clicking the setting icon. This crashes Mixcraft completely and immediately. As a workaround I have been able to adjust the settings opening Philharmonik as a stand alone app, then opening it in Mixcraft. It has been relatively stable since.
I have the same problem with the settings icon. Crashes MixCraft instantly. I can’t get it to record and play back successfully. Crashes every time I press play after recording only two instances of the VST.

I can get it to function properly in Cakewalk though, but I really want MixCraft to work with it too.

Sqk
Northfield.Lenox

That is a bit different then, I'm OK using the VST as long as I don't touch that little gear!
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Northfield, what version are you using? The latest is (v2.0.5)

I was testing it today and it crashes even with a single track recorded. Upon playback, there’s an error and MixCraft mutes the VST.

Sqk
Northfield.Lenox

v2.0.5

OK this is getting weird. I ran a quick test and started a new project with some test note. Same as you - I can play the VST 'live' but as soon as I tried to play back a MIDI track the plug in shuts down and mutes. Tried twice with the same results.

I opened a project from several months ago, and it plays fine! Can you try that?

I will resubmit this issue to Acoustica through the support page as well.
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Wow! Unfortunately I don’t have an old project to load. I just recently purchased it. We’re both getting the exact same issues now. I hope we don’t have to wait till MC9 for a fix. That’s essentially paying $30 (if the upgrade price stays the same), just to get the program to work. I think the dev team really should look into fixing this, and not making us wait till MC9. I’m pretty sure MC’s latest build came after Philharmoniks v2.0.5

Sqk
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're not updating Mixcraft 8 anymore, since it's been out for so long, and working on it would just delay Mixcraft 9.

Have you contacted the makers of Philharmonik about this issue? Previous versions of Philharmonik worked fine with Mixcraft.

Greg
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

I’ll submit a support ticket to IK, but it’s odd that it functions fine as a stand-alone, and with no issues in BandLab’s Cakewalk. Perhaps a windows update has caused an issue on MixCrafts end. Another member is posting the same problem, but his will open and play projects created several months ago, but will not play current projects. That’s why I suspect a windows update conflict. Cakewalk is receiving OS updates.

Sqk
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The previous version of Philharmonik doesn't have this problem with Mixcraft, so that's why I'm suggesting that Philharmonik's customers should contact them. We'll also work on it from our end.

We haven't seen any issues with Windows updates for Mixcraft itself (only problems with audio drivers that needed to be updated). Mixcraft 8 has been optimized to work with Windows 10.

Greg
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Wow! I still have MixCraft 7, so I tried it out, and no fatal errors or crashes. For now, it’s running fine. I’ll just use MC7 when I want to work with Philharmonik 2. Glad I didn’t delete it :D

Sqk
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

squeakie wrote:Wow! I still have MixCraft 7, so I tried it out, and no fatal errors or crashes. For now, it’s running fine. I’ll just use MC7 when I want to work with Philharmonik 2. Glad I didn’t delete it :D

Sqk
Hi,

Oh, that's very interesting. Thanks for passing it along. I'll add it to the bug report.

Are you using the same sound device and Sound Device preferences settings in Mixcraft 7?

Greg
Northfield.Lenox

So not only does an older Mixcraft 8 project work, so does a Miroslav Philharmonik Mixcraft Template I created a while back as well. Was able to open the template, add a few test notes, save as a different project name, and all seems to be OK.

But a new project creates issues.

As does selecting the options icon.