Install Question/Request

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Gonzo

Re: Install Question/Request

Post by Gonzo »

Today on starting mixcraft is a message window... "We have added New Loops to Your Library".
I check that partition and sure enough, all the library files are back :?

oh well :lol:

As to the library tab - really doesn't make that much difference since they don't always uniformally show in the used order - at least not with my install.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Thick Air 8) and this thread is back too. :lol:
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Something is thick. Maybe its me as I am still quite unsure what the problem is.....
Gonzo wrote:Today on starting mixcraft is a message window... "We have added New Loops to Your Library".
The file titles are added to your library index if thats what you mean.
The actual files only download to your computer if you choose to open the library tab, browse for and select a title to use. So its not like there are any sizeable files taking up memory space. Very very little in fact, even if you do choose to download some.
You can freely choose to ignore them and never see them..... I assure you from much experience with that. :wink:
gonzo wrote:I check that partition and sure enough, all the library files are back
What "partition"? What files?
I dont think youve ever cleared that up? Maybe I missed it.
gonzo wrote: As to the library tab - really doesn't make that much difference since they don't always uniformally show in the used order - at least not with my install.
The library is searchable and filterable in a number of ways. I wont deny there is room for improvement in its integration, but you dont seem to be suggesting improvements... Or clearly suggesting anything except displeasure with its very existence.
So I agree with Gregs suggestion, and propose doing what I do. Ignore it. 8)

(OK, I'll admit to very rarely pulling a sample via the library. VERY rarely. But when I do? Works fine.)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

1. Create a file called "Nothing to See Here.MP3"
2. Import it into the Library.
3. Change the Library setting to Imported.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Another perfect solution! :D
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

[quote=Mark Bliss]The file titles are added to your library index if thats what you mean. [/quote]

yes, of course - but the messgage when I entered M8 (verbatim) was: "We have added New Loops to Your Library" It was refering to the 'loops.mldb8' plus the other files as well...

[quote=Mark Bliss]So its not like there are any sizeable files taking up memory space. Very very little in fact, even if you do choose to download some[/quote]

Size is not the issue - maybe too many threads for you to keep up with them @ this point. Thanks anyway.

[quote=Mark Bliss]What "partition"? What files? I dont think youve ever cleared that up? Maybe I missed it.[/quote]

Yes I guess you did... Previous page [quote=Gonzo] I always select @ a separate partition since I have the program files on an ssd. [/quote] (on a diferrent drive)

@Greg - thanks for the suggests.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

OK, perhaps it should say verbatim "new loops are available in your library..." Sheesh. :roll:

Yep your right. I missed the part where you have a partition and store files in different locations. But this kind of minor thing can happen when you do that. (Not that its a bad thing to do....)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page