Is it safe to try Mixcraft 8 again?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

J Gretch

Is it safe to try Mixcraft 8 again?

Post by J Gretch »

So I bought and installed Mixcraft Pro Studio 8 the summer it came out, and was excited just like many times before. I've been a huge fan since Mx 3 . For the first time ever I started having problems with some older projects, mainly FXs and plugins. Then Melodyne crashed, and ended up causing a big mess in Windows after running patches to make it work....I decided to bail out and uninstall 8 and just kept using 7. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure most of you guys here had no problems at all , and I'm not here to talk down Acoustica software.As stated I've been a huge fan for over 10 yrs now.

Fact is the time has come for me to build a new studio computer and I want to be sure it's done rite. Would love to go with Win-10 and Mixcraft 8, but I need to be sure my older projects will still run perfect with no hick-ups. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by J Gretch on Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Is it safe to try Mixrraft 8 again?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Of course Mixcraft 8 can run your Mixcraft 7 projects, and Melodyne 4.2.3 is solid as far as I know (it just came out). Give it a spin.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jlouvar

Re: Is it safe to try Mixrraft 8 again?

Post by jlouvar »

Is it safe to try Mixrraft 8 again?
Hmm, I've never heard of Mixrraft 8. :wink: But Mixcraft 8.1 Pro build 418 is awesome and runs great on Windows 10, plus Melodyne Essential 4.2.3 works good.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
J Gretch

Re: Is it safe to try Mixcraft 8 again?

Post by J Gretch »

:oops: oops ....that may be why I was having problems. Downloaded Mixrraft by accident lol.