Melodyn 4.2.2 has expired

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ollibaer

Melodyn 4.2.2 has expired

Post by ollibaer »

Hi all,

i bought Mixcraft Pro 8.1 and got a free key for the plugin Melodyn. I installed Melodyn and register it with that key.
Last four weeks i got the error Melodyn 4.2.2 has expired after each start of Mixcraft.

After i looked on celemonys soft, they write i need an update to 4.2.3
I just have to login and download it. See support page:
http://helpcenter.celemony.com/hc-2/faq ... %20expired

But i don't need and want an account there and i installed the first faulty pluging without an account via Mixcraft.
I also don't need this product and just installed it because i got it free and by time i will test it, but now i disabled the annoying plugin.

I just want inform you about this problem and want to aks you if there a way to update Melodyn via Mixcraft and without account on celemonys?

Thank you
Daniel Johnson

Re: Melodyn 4.2.2 has expired

Post by Daniel Johnson »

Had the same issues. Just installed the newest version and all is now good in the world. Haven't had much time to learn Melodyne but soon.....
Daniel Johnson

Post by Daniel Johnson »

Just wanted to add... since I suspect you and I are not alone with this issue... I went to the Melodyne site and clicked on 'Register Product'. Logged in and downloaded the newest version. Life is good. :D
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Yep... Melodyne Essential 4.3.2 works good. 8)
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

ollibaer wrote: ... But i don't need and want an account there and i installed the first faulty pluging without an account via Mixcraft.
I also don't need this product and just installed it because i got it free and by time i will test it, but now i disabled the annoying plugin.
While Melodyne is bundled with Mixcraft, it is developed and supported by Celemony. Bottom line, if you want to use the plugin and keep it updated, you'll need to create a Celemony online account.

Seems IMO to be a small price for such a great plugin, but if you don't agree, just uninstall it.

FWIW the plugin is not "faulty", as many of us are using it without any problems. It looks to me like your version just needs to be updated, but again, that's your decision to make.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yeah, ya gotta hate when a company goes so far out of their way to let you know they have discovered bugs that may cause the user to get less than the desired experience from their product......

Registered, account holding, updated and upgraded, quite pleased customer here. 8)
Thank you Acoustica and Celemony! :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Celemony released the updated version with the fix before I'd even heard from any customers with this problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Yeah, I think I was the first one to post a new Melodyne Essential update was available. :wink:
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... .2#p125804
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar