Issues with DSK VST's

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

geobee

Issues with DSK VST's

Post by geobee »

Hi all, anyone having issues with DSK VST instruments? I used to be able to use them in Mixcraft, no problems. But recently I have tried to load DSK Strings, and it does work but is breaking up like when you have too much feedback with a delay effect etc. Nothing I change in the settings for it helps. Also, with DSK Dynamic Guitars, it loads up, but when I go to edit etc, it says ''no instruments''. Very frustrating, as I consider DSK to have some very useful instruments. Within Dynamic Guitars, the nylon guitar VST is very nice, I used to be able to load it, but not these days. Any help would be great. I am just dragging and dropping the .DLL file into Mixcraft, that's the way it used to work. I have tried to just extract to my VST folder and do a new scan from Mixcraft, same result.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Issues with DSK VST's

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you unzip DSK Dynamic Guitars.zip when you downloaded it? Do you have "DSK Dynamic Guitars.dll" in a VST folder that has also has a folder called "DSK Dynamic Guitars.instruments"? Does the DSK Dynamic Guitars.instruments folder have 6 files in it with names like Acoustic Guitar and Steel Guitar?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
geobee

Post by geobee »

Thanks Greg, the last bit you said may be the problem. I will go back and try that asap. I would have thought the .DLL file would be all that is required, but you are saying there may be instruments within that.
geobee

Post by geobee »

Hi again Greg, yes, I have the .DLL and an instruments folder along with that. The instruments one has folders that I haven't worked with before. Do I have to do anything with the instruments folder? I normally just use the .DLL one and any instruments will open within that.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

geobee wrote:Hi again Greg, yes, I have the .DLL and an instruments folder along with that. The instruments one has folders that I haven't worked with before. Do I have to do anything with the instruments folder? I normally just use the .DLL one and any instruments will open within that.
Hi,

The DLL file will find any instruments that are in that folder. If you had different options before, then there must have been additional instrument files in there. I downloaded it from DSK, and I have Acoustic Guitar, Nylon Guitar, and Steel Guitar. You could try contacting DSK to see what your options are.

Greg
DSK Dynamic Guitar instruments.
DSK Dynamic Guitar instruments.
DSKguitarinstruments.png (108.2 KiB) Viewed 2255 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

I have it as Greg listed. No problems. Try deleting and reinstalling.