Deluxe1 "quirk"

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Frantiac

Deluxe1 "quirk"

Post by Frantiac »

I have the sknote Deluxe1 amp sim plugin which "contains an interesting quirk used on some customisations to get an unique control on the saturation" that is available through MIDI control change n.11 (“Expression”). Connect a MIDI controller, configure it to send CC#11 and get realtime control on the saturation like with a custom version of the Deluxe."

I've never really understood the ins-and-outs of MIDI but basically can I do MIDI control change internally in Mixcraft without an external controller and if so how do I go about it?

Thanks in advance
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Acoustica Greg

Re: Deluxe1 "quirk"

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Change the Velocity setting in the Piano Roll to Expression, and then enter values from 0-127 to the right.

Greg

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

Thanks for getting back to me Greg. Sorry if I'm overlooking something obvious but all I have is the Deluxe1 audio plugin on an audio track - there's no MIDI track. I can't see how to access anything related to MIDI for controlling an audio plugin...
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In that case, put the MIDI clip on a virtual instrument track and add the expression CC values.

Back on the audio track, click FX and select the MIDI track from the Use MIDI From Track setting.

Greg

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

OK, got it. Many thanks Greg