DAWS supported by WAVES plugins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jlouvar

Re: DAWS supported by WAVES plugins

Post by jlouvar »

FWIW: I don't have any WAVES plugins... But here in CA we have nice waves at the beach, lol. :lol:
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Mark Bliss wrote: Or asked a question?
...fair point.

That said, I noticed in the bug tracker that the Waves team has contacted Acoustica previously about some plugins not working right, so it's definitely something that both teams are aware of. At least that confirms why Mixcraft isn't listed in the compatibility list.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yes and.....

It wasnt that long ago that unless you were using Pro Tools, Waves support wasnt much help. I remember being totally blown off on some early requests.
Not supported, tough luck, cant help. (Mostly installation issues BTW)

Then a few years ago they added a few other popular hosts to the "supported" list, and there were signs of more cooperation. I remember there being maybe three. I contacted support several times and refused to mention the host, using instead simply "unsupported host" in my communications. Oddly enough they seemed to pay more attention and put more effort into helping me.

The last time I contacted support, they offered to link up to my computer and "have a look" which required the installation of a small app and away we go.
It was really odd to watch, someone exploring my filing system remotely.
But installation confirmed, this should work. (Key tip, based on my experience-dont mess with the waveshell installation. Meaning dont move stuff around.)
So now theres a long list of "supported" hosts. What does that mean? Maybe that the support staff is more well versed in making things work in those hosts. Which is a good thing.
It would be easy to interpret that it means their plug-ins install and work without issue in all those hosts. :lol: Color me skeptical, at minimum. 8)

IMO and as far as I know, there are three primary issues at play here-

1: Installation issues. I have had a few occasions where the plug-in installation just didnt seem to be recognized. Its fiddly. Sometimes rebooting the computer was the final solution and suddenly they are there. I dont know. It can be frustrating and I certainly think there must be a simpler way. But on the other hand, I have to point out I have had install issues with plenty of other brands too....
2: Some plug-ins seem to require routing functions that Mixcraft simply wasnt designed for. I suspect that demand will cause evolution? But this takes time, and different developers come from different angles. Some, for example seem to have specialized in routing flexibility from an early stage. Others seem to have targeted other aspects altogether. Neither is wrong they just target a different audience IMO.
3:VST3 compatability. Some plug in coding is suspect. Some hosts seem to have it more figured out than others. Some are evolving.
Other than stuff like the embedding of Melodyne, I have yet to see too much missing by avoiding the VST3 versions. So I use what works for me.
But yeah, more evolving.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
heks

Post by heks »

Strangely enough I had a project that would not open last night and it was Waves AR TG Mastering plugin that was identified as the culprit, with Mixcraft saying something about it being muted. I just opened Waves Central moved everything to the cloud and then back to my Pc and all is well again. Strange I've had no problems with Waves stuff for quite a while and then problems with Mixcraft and Waves were mentioned , , , low and behold a problem... I think I may need a priest to exorcise something in my Pc :shock: :lol:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I occasionally get that with many plug-ins, including the ones native to Mixcraft. Dont know the cause.
99% of the time I reload the project and it works fine. Odd, yes.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
heks

Post by heks »

Mark Bliss wrote:I occasionally get that with many plug-ins, including the ones native to Mixcraft. Dont know the cause.
I reloaded a couple of times and it still said something like "AR TG muted". While its in my mind (getting old and forget what I last thought was, I thought should remember) is there a "safe boot" for Mixcraft where plugins can be safely removed/ changed so the work is not lost?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

heks wrote:
Mark Bliss wrote:I occasionally get that with many plug-ins, including the ones native to Mixcraft. Dont know the cause.
I reloaded a couple of times and it still said something like "AR TG muted". While its in my mind (getting old and forget what I last thought was, I thought should remember) is there a "safe boot" for Mixcraft where plugins can be safely removed/ changed so the work is not lost?
HI,

You can open up Mixcraft without that project, click on the File menu and select "Manage Plug-Ins," then un-check any plugins that you want Mixcraft to ignore.

And once again, if that is the VST3 version of the plugin, try the VST version instead.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

^This.

But....
On occasion I load a project that has been working fine for hours previously, and upon opening I get the fault:

"plug-in xyz (or a list of them) has failed to load, save your project and exit so you dont lose your work" (ok, something like that anyway!)

But I never do that. I may be wrong but in my mind I would now be saving the project without that plug-in loaded, and dont want that. So I have found that nearly every time, if I simply close Mixcraft without saving any changes, upon reloading the project it works with the previously failing plug-in just fine.
Its not a frequent thing, just one of those oddities.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page