Any arpeggirator does not work properly

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

amongtheliving

Any arpeggirator does not work properly

Post by amongtheliving »

I love Mixcraft, but as soon as I bought a MIDI keyboard I discovered this serious problem.
Arpeggirator instruments (Kirnu, BlueArp, RandArp, you name it) always receives MIDI data from both the arpeggirator and MIDI keyboard at the same time (they sound simultaneosly). I can't play live with this bug (it is impossible to play without timing errors). Because of this, I'm forced to use argeggirator plug-ins only with pencil tool :lol:
This has already been discussed some time ago. Please! Please fix it in Mixcraft 9.
Thank you very much.
Last edited by amongtheliving on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jlouvar

Re: Any arpeggirator does not work properly

Post by jlouvar »

amongtheliving wrote:I love Mixcraft, but as soon as I bought a MIDI keyboard I discovered this serious problem.
Arpeggirator instruments (Kirnu, BlueArp, RandArp, you name it) always receives MIDI data from both the arpeggirator and MIDI keyboard at the same time (simultaneosly). I can't play live with this bug (it is impossible to play without timing errors). Because of this, I'm forced to use argeggirator plug-ins only with pencil tool :lol:
This has already been discussed some time ago. Please! Please fix it in Mixcraft 9.
Thank you very much.
Checkout this link: https://getsatisfaction.com/akai_profes ... raft-pro-7
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
amongtheliving

Post by amongtheliving »

Thanks, but it's not what I am looking for. I just need to prevent it from receiving notes directly from keyboard. I just don't want to hear the virtual instrument playing by itself when I'm using arpeggirator to force it play only arpeggio...
Last edited by amongtheliving on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

amongtheliving wrote:I love Mixcraft, but as soon as I bought a MIDI keyboard I discovered this serious problem.
Arpeggirator instruments (Kirnu, BlueArp, RandArp, you name it) always receives MIDI data from both the arpeggirator and MIDI keyboard at the same time (they sound simultaneosly). I can't play live with this bug (it is impossible to play without timing errors). Because of this, I'm forced to use argeggirator plug-ins only with pencil tool :lol:
Thank you very much.
Is this the bug where arpeggiators and other midi-editing "instruments" pass on the original MIDI to the next instrument in addition to the edited MIDI? Or a different one?

EDIT:
amongtheliving wrote:Thanks, but it's not what I am looking for. I just need to prevent it from receiving notes directly from keyboard. I just don't want to hear the virtual instrument playing by itself when I'm using arpeggirator to force it play only arpeggio...
so... yes, it is. I could have sworn that I saw this bug in the bug tracker at some point, but don't know if it's been fixed yet in Mixcraft 9. Guess we'll know once the beta team gets a crack at it! :wink:
Last edited by Anorax on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amongtheliving

Post by amongtheliving »

Anorax wrote:
Thank you very much.
Is this the bug where arpeggiators and other midi-editing "instruments" pass on the original MIDI to the next instrument in addition to the edited MIDI? Or a different one?
Exactly. Mixcraft has this bug for years, I see.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Correct. I've edited my post, but yeah this bug has been around, and we'll see if it's already been addressed in MX9 once the beta team gets a hand on it. If not, I'll be sure to put it in the bug tracker if someone doesn't beat me to it. EDIT: It's been in the tracker since late 2018.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

I don't think Mixcraft virtual instruments use standard programing, so that may be part of the problems, or at least its the reason I was told by Akai why my Akai MPK249 doesn't work as a standalone with Mixcraft virtual instruments and Akai's VIP standalone software. Hopefully Acoustica Tech Support will comment if the arpeggiator bug is fixed in MX9.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar