I can't move the selected note to the left a bit.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Barth

I can't move the selected note to the left a bit.

Post by Barth »

Hi all

I recently bought Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, and in my first recording with a midi instrument, there is one thing I don't know how to do:

Recording starts at measure 3, the first note of this recording starts exactly at the beginning of that measure 3.

Since the sound of the virtual instrument has little attack, I need to delay the first note a little, for that note to begins at the end of measure 2, to listen it well in time.

But I don't know how to do it, although measures 1 and 2 are empty, I can't move the note a little to the left.
Don't let me put this note in the previous measure.

I have tried several things without success. :?
I will appreciate any comments.
Regards.
jlouvar

Re: I can't move the selected note to the left a bit.

Post by jlouvar »

Barth wrote:But I don't know how to do it, although measures 1 and 2 are empty, I can't move the note a little to the left. Don't let me put this note in the previous measure.
Hello and welcome to the Mixcraft Forum.
You probably have "Snap To Grid" turned on and just need to turn if Off... Then drag the note over left to wherever you want it.
Attachments
101b.jpg
101b.jpg (66.9 KiB) Viewed 2336 times
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Barth

Post by Barth »

Hi, I tried what you say and it doesn't work. In the attached image, the note is the one indicated by the arrows.
It seems that I cannot leave the blue zone. I would like to expand the blue zone to my left but I don't know how. I tried dragging with the mouse, but I get the end of the same clip.
But there should be some way that the note indicated begins at the end of the previous measure.
Thanks for answering.
Attachments
NOTE01.jpg
NOTE01.jpg (218.55 KiB) Viewed 2307 times
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

You have a MIDI clip beginning at measure 2 and an empty track for 2 measures.
One solution would be to drag the beginning of the clip to the beginning of the track, then go to the sound tab/piano roll and edit the new clip, deleting all the notes in the first 2 measures. This would bring you functionally back to where you were, but you would be able to edit within the desired area before measure 3.
Theres probably six other ways, and an additional few for preventing the situation in the first place. But that ones the easiest for me to explain without knowing more details about your work. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

Select "snap to bar"
point mouse to start of measure 2 and swipe a new clip
highlight all clips on track and hit Ctrl + W to merge clips
Now can move the note into measure 2 but I cannot work out why the measures in piano roll do not match the track, in the piano roll the note is at the end of Measure1 and on the track at the end of measure 2 ?

pre merge.PNG
pre merge.PNG (6.99 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
merged.PNG
merged.PNG (50.56 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
Barth

Post by Barth »

It works! Thanks Mark and Mick for your help :)

I've been watching what you say, Mick, and it happens to me too, the measurements on the piano roll don't match the track, on the track it starts at measure 3, and on the piano roll it starts at measure 1.

In any case, my doubt has been resolved. Regards.
Attachments
MIXCRAFT1.png
MIXCRAFT1.png (129.08 KiB) Viewed 2249 times