Drag and drop sample in general not supported ????

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tatanka

Drag and drop sample in general not supported ????

Post by tatanka »

I just wanted to try out the new kontakt 6.2 feature to drag and drop a user sample into a kontakt library (haunted spaces from soniccouture) to try out that new drag and drop user sample from kontakt but it seems Mixcraft just dont allow this (instead of the needed + I just got a crossed cirle showing me that this wont work). Any hints/experiences on this ?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Drag and drop sample in general not supported ????

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you dragging and dropping from Mixcraft? From Windows? What kind of file is it?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

Hi Greg,

I am dragging from the windows explorer (win 10 64 bit) directly to kontakt 6.2 Haunted Ghost library opened in Mixraft 8 Pro. It is a normal wave file from the samples folder of another kontakt library.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Can you drag it from a Mixcraft track into Kontakt?

Greg
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

Hi Greg,

have to try this out tomorrow (just closed the project), do you mean to make an audio track with the sample and then try to drag it onto the kontakt instrument in the other track ?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If it's a wav file, just load it onto a track and see if you can drag it from there.

Greg
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

tatanka wrote:I just wanted to try out the new kontakt 6.2 feature to drag and drop a user sample into a kontakt library (haunted spaces from soniccouture) to try out that new drag and drop user sample from kontakt but it seems Mixcraft just dont allow this (instead of the needed + I just got a crossed cirle showing me that this wont work). Any hints/experiences on this ?
What library is the sample coming from? The new feature in Kontakt 6.2 says that the library that the sample is coming from has to support this feature also.

"Probably one of the best news in Kontakt 6.2 is the sample import. Even though instruments have to be updated by the developers, this is a great feature. Especially, if Kontakt libraries have a complex engine, you can now work with your own sample content if it supports the new feature. "

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/11/kon ... -more.html

Sounds to me like the vendor of the sample you are trying to import has to add this feature to their samples.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

GovernmentMule wrote: Sounds to me like the vendor of the sample you are trying to import has to add this feature to their samples.
It has nothing to do with the provider of the samples, but rather the provider of the library or instrument to add this feature to their instruments if needed - for instance, the library "Underscore" is essentially a sampler engine built inside Kontakt.

Currently, to use this library with your own samples, you have to open the instrument's group and map editors and add the wanted samples into the pre-programmed layers and then assign the right mappings, etc. using the standard Kontakt sample-editing tools. But, with the new sample import, this library could instead have a custom interface that allows you to load your own samples into the instrument without having to dig into the kontakt instrument editing screens.

EDIT: see, if I'd just read the article you linked, I'd see that they had an even better example right on that page. So I guess the question is if OP has Kontakt 6.2 and is using a library/instrument that supports the drag-and-drop feature first.
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

Thanks for all the replies but I got to get sure that I understand this right:

- does this really mean that BOTH libraries, the one where I want to import the sample and the one where the sample comes from has to be made in the new Kontakt 6.2 format and use this ?

- that would really mean it is useless at the moment cause as far as I know only straylight and Haunted space from Soniccouture

Cant believe this and in the description here they tell nothing about this:

http://www.soniccouture.com/blog/

Think I will have to ask EvilDragon in another forum about it, he knows evrything about this kind of NI stuff.
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

Can you drag it from a Mixcraft track into Kontakt?
No, I cant. I can drag the sample from the explorer to the mixcraft track but not from there into the kontakt interface, no reaction on it, no sound.
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

It does work perfectly with ANY sample (nope that it has to come from a library develloped with this function) in Kontakt standalone, so its definitely a DAW problem, I would think it is either just not supported drag and drop or not allowed in some way.
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Hi there,

Logically you can't do it, I don't think you can do it in any other DAW. The idea of ​​the DAW is to sequence, edit samples within the same environment but not to map samples from the DAW to other applications or plugins, you cannot map from Mixcraft to Kontakt or vice versa and neither can you do it from Mixcraft to Falcon, it does not work that way.

If you are going to make it out of the DAW, then you can use them inside. To map samples externally from Mixcraft 8 use Omni Sampler and it works because it is an application within Mixcraft, it is excellent and uses almost no CPU resources. Cheers :D
mick

Post by mick »

I've just been playing around with Kontact 6 and understand the 3rd party instrument has to be loaded into Kontact to have drop and drag into the active panel. Haven't fully got to grips with it cos' its stalling Notion 5. If you want some good choir check out soundiron's choir micro, its @ $29 and is engineered for Kontact Player, some soundiron stuff needs the full Kontact version.

https://youtu.be/41LWTImqOAY?list=RD41LWTImqOAY
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Mick,

Your answer has nothing to do with the problem raised here and less the indirect sale of the library for Kontakt, which has to do with the original post? :x