Eastwest with Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jscrick

Eastwest with Mixcraft

Post by jscrick »

I'm using the EW Pianos Gold Yamaha package for a song but when I mix down to an audio file it doesn't play properly. Like, the notes aren't sustained anymore (it's just like a quick press if you get me) and it sounds nowhere near as good as it does when I straight play it in Mixcraft. Any ideas?
GovernmentMule

Re: Eastwest with Mixcraft

Post by GovernmentMule »

How are you mixing down?

I'm not familiar with EastWest, but it sounds like some effects are not coming through to mixdown.

Is this piano a midi track? If so try to Mix Track To New Audio File. It will imprint the midi track to a new audio track with all the effects and automation from the EastWest instrument. Check out page 48 and 49 of the manual.

Also if you are mixing down to a stem there are a couple of check boxes about ignoring effects and automation on it.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Please check out this post.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
I've done this with EW Pianos gold. I set up the track with the EW piano vst. I record the midi. I then converted to audio, as per the Mixcraft manual. I also did this with the EW orchestra sounds. The only problem I had was on some instruments it would leave out a note, as if i did not play one. I just played that note on another track. I never had that problem with the piano sounds.
If the EW instrument is loaded into the track, it should convert to audio. What EW settings you have, like reverb, will be in the converted audio. Mixcraft will make a new audio track for the converted audio. I did not have to make any changes to the sample rate.

Hope this helps.
- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi again,
I have also recorded the audio at the same time as recording the midi data.
I have also made changes to the midi data to set the timing with the metronome timing better, then converted to audio without issues.

- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

So, the problem is resolved?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101