MX9 Teething problems

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mark Bliss

MX9 Teething problems

Post by Mark Bliss »

Ok, as I read the recent posts I am seeing some common issues.

First one, authorization codes.
I had previously contacted Acoustica on this already, and it has been forwarded to those responsible for the e-commerce end of things in hopes of simplifying and streamlining things.

But heres what I personally found, shared in hopes it helps someone here:
Via the upgrade path, when you submit your email to check and verify that you qualify for an upgrade, you may get a confusing response. (And yes, as always if you dont see anything- check your spam folder....)
I got some 13 emails referring to every transaction I ever made I think. None seemed relevant to MX9. Reading through the most recent one (MX8 in my case) I found near the bottom of the message a link and the info needed.
Worked like a charm and good to go there.

Next, some people are describing gui issues similar to enhancement suggestions or bugs also already logged.
But please, if you are experiencing these types of problems, capture screen shots or recordings, describe them carefully and report them via either the support link or bug logs if applicable. These are things that need "polish"

Similarly, I have seen comments about the preview channel strip etc. that pertain to some logged enhancement requests and suggestions.
For example I have suggested being able to hide or toggle the preview strip, and collapse the mixer preference column on the left side.
Again, if you have comments or suggestions on things like this, please dont hesitate to submit them via support or the bug log.
In the end it aids in a better product for us all IMO.

Also, be patient. Its a fresh new release. There will likely be some patches and new builds forthcoming to fix these and other issues.
And it is a holiday here and it might be a well deserved weekend off for some people. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Re: MX9 Teething problems

Post by jlouvar »

Yeah Mixcraft 9 is brand new so some updates are to be expected... But so far I'm loving Mixcraft 9.0 Pro build 436.

Happy Thanksgivings :D
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

I am answering a few things from my phone, but soon I will overeat.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yes Greg, please take some well deserved time off from all of this!

Happy T-day! 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Acoustica Greg wrote:I am answering a few things from my phone, but soon I will overeat.
lol, over eating is my favorite part of Thanksgivings. :wink: Like Mark said, take the day off and eat. :D
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
mick

Post by mick »

I had the confusing ecommerce thing Mark describes and thought Acoustica may not be having the best start for launching M9, it was offputting. I sussed it out eventually and with 2 failed attempts at payment (what was that about?) possibly because it was 2am and I put some wrong info? I wasn't going to contact Acoustica cos' it says they are on holliday, so it could wait.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Contacting support directly at Acoustica.com is your best bet to resolve ordering issues, because it requires specifics like email addresses and whatnot.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mick

Post by mick »

Thanks Greg, that's what I did on your previous advice and registered.