Mixcraft 9 Vocoder

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jwarv

Mixcraft 9 Vocoder

Post by jwarv »

Hi,

I must be an idiot. I read the manual three times and I still can't figure out how to apply the vocoder to existing vocals. Anybody? Can we get a video tutorial soon? Pretty please?

Jason
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 9 Vocoder

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, a video tutorial will be coming at some point. For now, try arming both vocoder tracks and then record yourself talking and playing MIDI at the same time, then tweak the various controls to see what you get.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Yes, a video tutorial will be coming at some point. For now, try arming both vocoder tracks and then record yourself talking and playing MIDI at the same time, then tweak the various controls to see what you get.

Greg
OK, maybe I misunderstood. I thought there was a way to play existing audio through the vocoder and get the same results. So, you're telling me you have to play live midi while the audio is running? I've never used a vocoder before so please overlook my ignorance.

JA
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

The important part to understand is that the carrier and modulator signals must be properly routed to the vocoder for it to work correctly. You could manually set up the same configuration, but Mixcraft’s Vocoder Track makes this really easy by setting up everything in one step. See page 55 and 322 in the help manual.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

jwarv wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Greg
OK, maybe I misunderstood. I thought there was a way to play existing audio through the vocoder and get the same results. So, you're telling me you have to play live midi while the audio is running? I've never used a vocoder before so please overlook my ignorance.

JA
OK, update. I got it to work now that I know it's a live application dealy-o. Thanks!