Voltage Modular not working!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

squeakie

Voltage Modular not working!

Post by squeakie »

Downloaded Voltage Modular, stand-alone seems to work. Within MixCraft 9 Pro, the VST’s GUI is solid black, and window doesn’t appear to have fully loaded.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
ongey

Re: Voltage Modular not working!

Post by ongey »

I've had disappointing results too when using it in Mixcraft 8 (no problems standalone though). Mainly issues in syncing a sequencer patch (drops notes, goes out of sync etc).

I'm in the process of upgrading to Mixcraft 9 so hopefully that will sort it.
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Is internet access required to use this program? I noticed when running the standalone it was constantly showing connection error at the bottom of the UI.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Hmm, Voltage Modular VST works good for me in both Mixcraft 8 and 9 Pro (no internet connection needed)... I also added the Cherry Audio Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums package and recommend it.
Attachments
101b.PNG
101b.PNG (52.68 KiB) Viewed 4115 times
101a.PNG
101a.PNG (862.93 KiB) Viewed 4115 times
Last edited by jlouvar on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You need an Internet connection to get the modules and activate.

What's probably happening to you is that your graphics card is not displaying OpenGL graphics properly.

To fix this problem, find your settings file. It's called "Voltage Modular.settings." For Windows users, it's here:

%appdata%/Voltage/Settings

Use a text editor to edit the Voltage Modular.settings file.

Find this line in the file:

VALUE name="UseOpenGL" val="1"/

Change the one to a zero, so it looks like this:

VALUE name="UseOpenGL" val="0"/

Finally, save the file and try opening Voltage Modular again.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Before I make changes to the text, I feel it’s important to point out that Voltage Modular was scanned by my other DAW (Cakewalk), and it opens up fine in that program.

If it’s working in Cakewalk, would altering that text fix it for MixCraft or cause another issue since it opens fine in Cakewalk.

Thx!
Sqk
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Can you run the standalone version of Voltage Modular? If so, go into CPU settings and turn off OpenGL there, then see if the problem is fixed.

Greg
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

It runs fine in stand alone. I’m confused about the OpenGL thing. I’m looking for it, but can’t get to where I’d adjust this setting. Searches for it showing I’d need to install 3rd party software just to check the version (if it’s there) :?:

I’m running Windows 10 Pro
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Open up the standalone version, click the gear to go into settings, select CPU settings, and turn Use OpenGL off.

Does that fix the problem in Mixcraft?

Greg
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

It worked!!! Thanks Greg!!

Sqk
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

squeakie wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:18 am It worked!!! Thanks Greg!!

Sqk
Hi,

That's good news! By the way, which version of Windows are you using?

Greg
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

I’m using Windows 10 Pro. Not sure on the latest update version, but I’m certain it’s a more recent one. I don’t have my computer set to auto update Windows. I dread those updates some times.

Sqk
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

It’s Windows 10 Pro version 1903.

Sqk
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's pretty up-to-date. Thanks!

What kind of video card do you have? Is it integrated into your motherboard?

My previous computer had an integrated Intel graphics chip and it didn't know OpenGL from Adam.

Greg
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

It’s integrated into the motherboard. Looking at the specs under DirectXDiagnostic Tool, the name says “Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000”.

Sqk