Mixcraft 9 Pro sizing and fullscreen bug

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

edude15000

Mixcraft 9 Pro sizing and fullscreen bug

Post by edude15000 »

I use a 40" 4k monitor for my main applications and a 24" monitor on top that I usually put the mixer undocked.
I have never had a problem with Mixcraft 8, but when I open a project, everything becomes super small.
Sometimes when I load it, it loads correctly, but as soon as I undock the mixer, everything becomes super small again. I am using the 3840x2160 resolution with 200% in the scale and layout setting.

I also noticed something weird where the application is not fitting to the whole screen when maximized. If I move my mouse to the very right hand side of the screen to click and scroll on the vertical scroll bar, as soon as I click, it will click on whatever application is behind Mixcraft and bring it to focus.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (590 KiB) Viewed 2705 times
Guaresneider

Re: Mixcraft 9 Pro sizing and fullscreen bug

Post by Guaresneider »

Hi there,

Do these easy steps to fix that....right clicked on the Mx9 'icon' on your desktop and found "troubleshoot compatibility". Click on it and just follow the instructions. Good luck, it works :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
edude15000

Post by edude15000 »

Thank you for the response. I followed those instructions and it fixed the sizing of the main application but when I full screen the undocked mixer, it goes off the screen of my 2nd monitor.
edude15000

Post by edude15000 »

It doesn't seem to recognize that it is a different monitor and should auto rescale the window when moved to it.
And it didn't fix the full sizing click behind issue I talked about. But at least 1/3 of the issues are fixed :)
edude15000

Post by edude15000 »

I found out if I go into my settings and reset the scale and layout for the smaller monitor after maximizing the mixer to the smaller monitor back to 100% again it fixes it. But it's annoying to have to do this every time.

Also if I set 100% scale and layout for the larger monitor it maximizes correctly, but anything greater than that and it doesn't fill the whole monitor. I can set it to 100% because it is way too small to see on a 40".

I also found out if I go into Nvidia control panel, I can resize my 40" so that the resolution is just a little bit smaller. This creates a small black border around the screen but it fixes the issue with clicking through to a different window on the right side.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're kind of dependent upon Windows handling these things correctly, but thanks for reporting this, I'll pass it along so the software developers can look into it.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
spas528

Post by spas528 »

Has this issue been resolved?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

spas528 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:09 pm Has this issue been resolved?
Hi,

I think there are still problems if you have wildly different screen resolutions for the monitors. Make sure to update to Mixcraft 9.0 build 462 for the latest fixes. You can experiment with using the Display preference called "Auto-scale details pane when changing monitors."

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101