New to DAWs-looking at Mixcraft 9-will this combo work?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ceemuk

New to DAWs-looking at Mixcraft 9-will this combo work?

Post by ceemuk »

Hello, sorry for the novice questions, but it's my first time buying a DAW.

I'm looking at DAWs and came across Mixcraft 9 only today. I'm downloading the trial as I type this.

I plan to use a USB audio interface to my Windows 10 x64 PC (haven't bought the USB audio interface yet-still researching).

To that will be connected the line out from a Yamaha keyboard (which will either be via the A-B USB cable directly into the PC, or 1/4 stereo inputs into the Audio interface) and also electric guitar and XLR mic. TYhe Yamaha keyboard will also be transmitting MIDI via the USB A-B cable directly into the PC.

Not all this equipment will be used at the same time.

My main question, is will Mixcraft allow this scenario with it's various combos to work?

And, is Mixcraft 9 good at the settings and configuration for recognising USB Audio Interfaces?

I'm looking at Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio, as a home user.

I tried to find information on youtube but there is no mention of Mixcraft 9 from the official manufacturer's own channel, aside from a fan video. Why is that?

Anyway, thanks for any input (forgive the pun).
bigaquarium

Re: New to DAWs-looking at Mixcraft 9-will this combo work?

Post by bigaquarium »

Hello,

Welcome to the forum and to Mixcraft!

Yes, Mixcraft is capable of supporting MIDI and Audio in and out all at the same time. I have two of the Yamaha Reface synths, and am able to record MIDI notes into Mixcraft, and then play those notes back into the keyboards while recording audio output from those keyboards back into Mixcraft at the same time! That way I can work the filters and envelopes to shape the sound without having to play notes at the same time.

As to the number of parallel audio inputs, that is entirely up to your audio interface and the speed of your computer, but Mixcraft is able to route however many simultaneous inputs as your hardware can handle.

Most audio interfaces share a common protocol called ASIO that Mixcraft supports, you can put it into ASIO mode in File > Preferences > Sound Device

Best,

Nathan
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Hello and welcome to the Mixcraft forum.
I recommend getting the Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio version...The Pro Studio version doesn’t cost much more and it’s worth it... Plus it’s on sale right now (Black Friday Sale), so don't wait. :wink:
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
r0bbie

Post by r0bbie »

Absolutely ceemuk!

I have a usb interface inputting 2 synths, 1 bass guitar, and a 8 channel mixer.
I have a sequencer, MIDI interface and another synth running into my PC via usb.

I can run em all at once. Like 14 lanes in MC. No problem. All sorts of noise.

Whether I can make it sound good or not is debatable 8)
Win 10/Ryzen 1800x/16GB 3200
Beringher UMC404HD Interface
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 452