Waves VST3 sidechain issue

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

heks

Waves VST3 sidechain issue

Post by heks »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Here's what's going on: Mixcraft 9 has new VST3 hosting code. This means that some VST3 plugins that didn't work before will work in Mixcraft 9.

What's happening in the case of Youlean Loudness Meter is that Mixcraft's new VST3 code relies upon the VST3 plugin to accurately report how many inputs and outputs it has. We've been running across a few VST3 plugins that don't accurately report this information, and we've been fixing it as we go.

So, it's not VST3 plugins in general, it's certain specific VST3 plugins that aren't minding their P's and Q's, so to speak.

Before we released Mixcraft 9, we fixed this problem for certain Voxengo plugins, some W.A. Productions plugins, and a few others. Ian Craig seems to have a knack for finding them. :lol:

Thanks for reporting this! We'll fix it. In the meantime, just use the VST version.

Greg
I've come across this with Waves vst3 compressors (SC versions ) not having the option to use side chain signal .
Acoustica Greg

Re: Waves VST3 sidechain issue

Post by Acoustica Greg »

heks wrote:I've come across this with Waves vst3 compressors (SC versions ) not having the option to use side chain signal .
Hi,

In which version of Mixcraft? 9.0 build 436? Or Mixcraft 8?

Which SC plugin specifically did you see this issue on?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
heks

Post by heks »

Mixcraft 9 v 436, I just loaded both vst2 and vst3 versions of waves c6 SideChain and nether had the drop down side chain link. Just attempted to load up Abbey Road chambers and it nearly blew the cone out of my speakers. For the record it sounded like "howl round" but I didn't have a mike connected ??? Also with some of my Waves effects only VST3 versions are showing none of the VST2 versions . I,m not sure if there's a problem with my PSP comp's as well, they are reacting strangely, I need to explore that more. BOZ manic com and The Glue work fine with the side chaining. I personally didn't have a problem with Mixcraft 8 and waves plugins, but I'm not sure if V8 was using waves I had as "wave to shell" versions that I had made for a couple of none Wave compatible host's I have. I'll look into it more tomorrow. :wink:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's the Waves C6 Multiband Compressor, right? If you load it into Mixcraft 8 right now, does it have the sidechain option?

Greg
heks

Post by heks »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

That's the Waves C6 Multiband Compressor, right? If you load it into Mixcraft 8 right now, does it have the sidechain option?

Greg
Yes its the Waves C6 Multiband Compressor and unfortunately it does not show the sidechain option in Mixcraft 8. I'm too busy now, but later I will sort out my Waves files, I've got versions 9, 10 and 11 and some of them converted by shell to wave. With the updates I could have been using "shells" which I've found previously dont work after Waves update anything. So I may have been presumptuous claiming there's a bug :oops: But in my defence, it would be presumed that any professional DAW would host Waves products as they have been around forever and they are soooo dam cheap these days. :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

See if it's there in Mixcraft 8.

If you are altering the way the plugins load (bypassing the shell), we can't guarantee that the plugin will work properly.

Greg